Archive for November, 2006
Along with the launch of the Official Zune site – Zune.net and its little brother – Zune-Arts.net has come a Zune theme for Windows XP. So that along with your new Zune you can be sporting a sexy new Zune theme on your computer.
Thanks goes to Decipher for pointing it out to me over at Zuneinfo.com
Microsoft MAX, one of the very first examples of Windows Presentation Foundation in action has sadly concluded, however I’m sure we will see even more powerful things emerge from this closing soon, especially from Windows Live!
Thank you for participating in the beta of Microsoft Codename Max. Over the past year, you’ve sent us tons of fantastic feedback that we’ve incorporated not only into Max, but into the platform layer with the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
Thanks to your participation, we were able to accomplish the goals of the Max projectâ€”to get customer feedback on new ways to approach software and services. If you’re interested in seeing where we go with these ideas, keep your eye on Windows Live.
Starting today, we will be disabling all downloads from our website. In the next week, we will be shutting down the Max services and our team forums. At that time, you will no longer be able to sign in to Max or share lists of photos with your friends. You will still be able to read news and browse the lists you’ve already shared and received.
We look forward to delighting you in the future!
Well I’m watching the Live Webcast of Microsoft’s CEO Steve Ballmers announcement now and wow it looks like the partnership between Microsoft and Novell (Linux) as reported earlier by The Wall Street Journal, is True!
If you haven’t opened up the Live Webcast yet then what are you wating for, it’s great listening to Steve Ballmer and all the other Executives of Microsoft and Novell talk about interoperability between Novell’s Suse Linux and Microsoft Windows!
Update: Dana Gardner is blogging it live!
Less than 15 minutes now until, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will deliver an Industry announcement during a press conference today in San Francisco. Could this be about the Microsoft – Novell (Linux) partnership, as reported by The Wall Street Journal, I guess we will find out soon!
Live Web Cast
The 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide, by iLounge.com. Which is the world’s most popular iPod and accessory buyers’ guide is back for its third year running, better than ever!
- Over 20 exclusive accessory debuts: See Etymotic’s new wireless Ety8 earphones, iPodMods’ incredible new iVue replacement casing for the iPod, Vaja’s new iVod Silver, Griffin’s new AmpliFi speakers, and many more never-before-seen iPod add-ons!
- iPod Buyers’ Tips: A complete guide to all of the current and past model iPods, including eBay resale information and extensive tips for buying new and used iPods. Which iPod’s right for you? The answers are inside.
- iLounge’s Best of the Year Awards: With more than 40 genres of amazing accessories, we sift through over 1,100 rated products, picking only the very best to receive our Best of the Year awards.
- World’s First Reviews: Numerous exclusive reviews, including wearable displays from MicroOptical (myvu) and Icuiti (iWear for iPod), karaoke accessories from Griffin and doPi, and much more.
- The iPod Home: In this extended pictorial section, check out how the iPod can now be integrated into any room of your home, from kitchen to bedrooms, home office to bathrooms.
- History of the iPod & iTunes: We’ve updated our super-popular Brief History of the iPod & iTunes with all of the most current events in the Apple universe. See the entire five-year dynasty of Apple’s digital lifestyle revolution, right here.
- Contests: The amazing winners of our iPod Colors contest get their own gallery, and we announce our brand new Fifth Birthday iLounge Ad Contest, with an Apple MacBook and iPods as prizes.
- Backstage: We take the world’s first hands-on look at Oakley’s brand-new Thump Pro sunglasses, and peek at the upcoming Nintendo Wii game console!
And what’s cool is that The 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide, by iLounge.com is a totally free download. Which they have designed two versions for - one in a full-screen single-page format, and one in magazine-style two-page format. So if you love your iPod why not go ahead and download The 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide!
According to InfoWorld, Microsoft has sent out e-mail invitations to a launch event, called Microsoft New Day for Business. According to the e-mail, the event “will mark the business availability of three major releases from Microsoft Corp.” In addition to Vista and Office 2007, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 also will be released to business customers at the event.
Microsoft Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Ballmer will be on hand for the event, along with Microsoft partners and customers, according to the invitation. The event will be held at the Nasdaq Stock Market in midtown Manhattan and the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.
However Home users will have to wait until the wider release of Windows Vista and Office 2007 which as reported by David Flynn at APC Magazine is slated for the 30th of January 2007. Microsoft would as a result miss out on the upcoming holiday season but is trying to generate some excitement through their coupon program.
Add Your Yahoo! Friends to Windows Live Messenger for a chance to win a reunion trip.
Want to talk with your Yahoo! Messenger contacts using Windows Live Messenger?
Now you can. It’s quick and easy to do, too…
- Open Windows Live Messenger
- Click on the Add a Contact icon
- Enter your friend’s Yahoo! address (just like all your other Messenger contacts)
Visit https://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/ for more information!
Netcraft’s monthly survey of the Internet has revealed that there are now more than 100 million web sites on the Internet. In the November 2006 survey Netcraft received responses from 101,435,253 sites, up from 97.9 million sites last month.
The 100 million site milestone caps an extraordinary year in which the Internet has already added 27.4 million sites, easily topping the previous full-year growth record of 17 million from 2005. The Internet has doubled in size since May 2004, when the survey hit 50 million.
Blogs and small business web sites have driven the explosive growth this year, with huge increases at free blogging services at Google and Microsoft. Domain industry juggernauts Go Daddy (U.S.) and 1&1 Internet (Germany) have also seen strong demand for low-priced domain names and shared hosting accounts.
Via: A Welsh View
Microsoft has released new shots of the boxes that Windows Vista and the Office 2007 System will ship in.
Designed to be user-friendly, the new packaging is a small, hard, plastic container that’s designed to protect the software inside for life-long use. It provides a convenient and attractive place for you to permanently store both discs and documentation.
The new design will provide the strength, dimensional stability and impact resistance required when packaging software today. Our plan is to extend this packaging style to other Microsoft products after the launch of Windows Vista and 2007 Office system.
Thanks goes to Rob for poinitng this out to me. And well if these two images of the new boxes aren’t enough for you why not head over to the Microsoft Product Boxshots website where you will find more new box design images, including Office for the Mac.
Well it’s been 508 Days since I started this blog with my first blog post on the 11th of June 2005 (my 20th Birthday) and well it looks like I’ve finally made it to 1000 Blog Posts with this post, and just in time for today the 1st of November 2006 which means I can give you some visitor statistics for the whole of October 2006 as well as other stats for near enough the whole life of my blog.
So as of right now there are currently 1000 posts (227,992 Words) which all together have accumulated a total of 1,584 comments, contained within 18 categories. That of which Akismet has protected me from 17,254 spam comments which I’m happy I didn’t have to moderate, though I do have to say I go through all the spam comments just in case a non-spam comment got misplaced!
And by looking at Awstats my web server logfile analyzer, I can tell you that for this October 2006 I have the following:
- Unique visitors: 23628
- Number of visits: 39665
- Pages: 338722
- Hits: 810219
Which in my opinion are quite good, if you compare them to November 2005:
- Unique visitors: 1737
- Number of visits: 3978
- Pages: 20239
- Hits: 84720
And as for the overall stats since this blog/website has been up, well I can only give you the stats from the beginning of August 2006 to the end of October 2006, as I unfortunately lost the first month and half of stats, though I guess it’s no big loss!
- Unique visitors: 92673
- Number of visits: 213065
- Pages: 1781806
- Hits: 7958008
As for search keyphrases, well 1261 different keyphrases were used to find my site in October 2006, here are the top 10 with the amount of times they were used plus their overal usage percentage.
- vtunnel | 2692 | 43.8 %
- vtunnel | myspace | 292 | 4.7 %
- sites like vtunnel | 190 | 3 %
- v-tunnel | 85 | 1.3 %
- https//www.vtunnel.com | 78 | 1.2 %
- lvcp | 74 | 1.2 %
- websites like vtunnel | 71 | 1.1 %
- vtunnel.com | 71 | 1.1 | % |
- vtunnel proxy | myspace | 65 | 1 %
- ww2.vtunnel.com | 54 | 0.8 %
- Other phrases | 2473 | 40.2 %
By looking at these you would think that my Blog is all about VTunnel, yet I have only ever posted one post about VTunnel, all my other posts that contained the word VTunnel were about the amount of times people have found my blog because of that post. So I guess it’s not surprising that my most commented post is about VTunnel!
Which brings me to my 10 most commented posts, which though rich in comments are not always rich in worthy content!
- The MSN Conspiracy game
- Can you solve the Kitty Caper mystery?
- VTunnel is here to protect your anonymity online!
- Sonic Heroes for PC
- Get your Windows Vista Beta 2 keys early!
- Windows Live Messenger 8 Beta Invites
- Windows Live Insider Club USB Memory Stick
- Get your Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta Invites here!
- The Llama Song Competition
- CondomText.com GrabAcondom.com is now Live!
So here’s some of my most memorial moments which I’ve blogged about this year:
- Back from my first ever Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) Event!
- Accepted for Microsoft Student Partner Programme 2006/2007
- Cool I’m an Official Blog Partner for WebProNews
- I’m a Windows Live Sessions Fans Competition Winner!
- Second Blogger/Web2.0 Mixer Redux!
- First Ever Windows Live Butterfly Meet Up in London
- My Foundation Degree in Information Technology Results!
- Guess Who’s a Windows Live Butterfly Expert Now!
- My 21st Birthday and First Blog Anniversary!
- First BritBlog BlogMeet
- Windows Live Session 2: Video Interview with Phil Holden
- Windows Live Session UK 2
- Windows Live Dinner at Gabrielle’s in London
And that’s only a selection, there’s so many more blog posts I which I could list here, but in all honesty if I was to list them all, the list would be pretty big!
So without further going on about my blog stats I would like to say to a big thank you to everyone out there that’s helped me over the last year or so. Be it family, a friend, a blog visitor, a company or a stranger, you’ve all helped me in someway or another make this blog what it is today.
So for that I would again like to say a big thank you to everyone!