Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC Public Availability Program
The Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Release Candidate (RC) is now available to the public. In addition to previously released updates, SP1 contains changes focused on addressing specific reliability and performance issues, supporting new types of hardware, and adding support for several new technologies. SP1 also addresses some management, deployment, and support challenges.
- If you have a prior version of SP1 beta installed, you must uninstall it prior to installing SP1 RC.
- Microsoft does not recommend installing this software on primary or mission critical systems.
- Windows Vista SP1 Release Candidate is time-limited software.
- Support is through self-help and peer support via the Windows Vista SP1 forum and FAQ page.
- Additional information about the above items and others. Be sure to review.