Ancestry Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe, Platinum and World
Avanquest Software Publishing has announced the release of Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe, Platinum and World editions to help unlock rich family history as never before. Perfect for the amateur through to the more experienced genealogist, Family Tree Maker 2012 has exciting new features including a mobile app and syncing capabilities to help users bring their family history to life and celebrate ancestral achievements.
With easy-to-use tools and integrated access to Ancestry.co.uk, the home of more than 895 million records, Family Tree Maker allows the user to create a detailed family tree quickly and easily. This includes the ability to seamlessly add record information from the world’s largest family history website directly into their family tree; to integrate existing Member Trees from Ancestry.co.uk; and to import files from other genealogy programs.
The Family Tree Maker range contains a wide variety of innovative and advanced features, so the user can create the most detailed family tree possible. The new TreeSync™ feature allows the user to link between their desktop Family Tree Maker tree and its corresponding tree on Ancestry.co.uk; with both trees synchronised, only one need be updated but both will reflect the changes. This allows easy online sharing with invited guests and enables the user to update their tree and continue their research from wherever they are.
The interactive training tutorials make it easy for even the novice genealogist to quickly and easily learn how to build an extensive, detailed family tree. Step-by-step hints and tips are provided to guide users through the range of different functions and features included in Family Tree Maker 2012.
New features in Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker 2012 include:
- Share your tree online – Friends and family can view and update your tree online, even if they do not own Ancestry.co.uk software or have a subscription. Collaboration with others researching their family tree online is possible too, allowing trees to grow faster.
- Improved Smart Stories™– Previously, Family Tree Maker generated Smart Stories only included information about the individual family member – now it also includes information about spouses and children.
- Update family trees from anywhere – Using an iPad or iPhone, family trees can be updated easily and quickly through Ancestry.co.uk.
- New Blended Family View – The family group view now has a new ‘blended families’ option which allows the user to see an individual’s children in one view. It is simple to tell which parent the child belongs to; one, the other, or both.
- Improved reports – The improved notes report allows the user to display extra facts on individuals in the tree such as more detailed research or relationship information.
- New index of Individuals Report – This report lists every individual in the tree and enables the user to easily view birth, marriage and death rates.
Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe Edition (SRP £40.84) includes three months Essentials membership to Ancestry.co.uk *worth over £32 and an electronic version of the companion guide. This version is suited to the novice genealogist, just starting to explore their family roots.
Family Tree Maker 2012 Platinum Edition (SRP £61.27) includes six months Premium membership to Ancestry.co.uk *worth over £77 plus a printed companion guide with over 380 pages of detailed information. This is ideal for the more experienced genealogist who wants to explore their family tree in greater detail.
Family Tree Maker 2012 World Edition (SRP £102.12) includes six months Worldwide membership to Ancestry.co.uk™ *worth over £113 plus a printed companion guide containing over 380 pages of invaluable information. This version has been created for those who may have their family history spread across the world.