- Be a part of the community. Participate with others. Offer your unique talents to assist other players and they will likely offer you help in return.
- Be polite and choose your vocabulary wisely, no swearing either spelled out, using asterisks or acronym abbreviations. If you are unsure about whether or not you can say something then just choose another way to express yourself.
- Respect other people’s property. Do not enter houses or check chests that are not yours unless it is clearly marked as being a public chest (quest, minecart, public farm and game chests etc). Everyone works hard to make impressive builds. Please do not destroy other user's creations.
- Earn your belongings by working for them no stealing please, we will catch you.
- Mine for your own materials. Do not steal or pick up other's dropped inventories when they die, unless you are asked to do so.
- Anything that gives you an advantage over everyone else is considered cheating. No exploiting and/or hacking, including but not limited to mods/texture packs used for the following: Flying, Speed, Spawning, Cloning & X-Ray.
- Use public transportation to get around or find hidden warp signs, no need to ask us to teleport you to places.
- Do not ask for items to be spawned or for the time of day to be changed.
- You are welcome to use potions, enchantments and ender pearls but please do not use them to break the rules or access restricted areas that you wouldn't normally be able to access. We dont want to take them away from you!
- Do not wear inappropriate skins, we are a family friendly server.
- Please do not use the YAMS Network in all its forms, to advertise or solicit any products, services, servers, funds or donations. This is not the place to advertise.
- General spamming of server chat is not allowed. "Spam" includes, but is not limited to, repeating sentences and/or splitting short sentences into several lines unnecessarily.
- Before being able to build you must complete a quest to show your enthusiasm in wanting to participate within our community. There is more information about this once you join.
- In our current YAMS main world, we only build our houses along the sides of the 4 main rails (Blue, Green, Yellow and Red).
- Along the rails there are side openings (stairs/paths), each side opening leads to a plot section where you can build your house. You should always take the first available plot section. If you don't like the look of that section, try a different rail, but always take the first available plot.
- You should build a path from your house to the gravel path at the side of the tracks.
- You should not build your house more than 30 blocks away from the rails.
- You should also not build your house too close to the rails so others can build near you.
- Your house should be no bigger or higher than 21x21x21 blocks, this includes your house, out buildings, farms, decorations, furniture, balconies and roof edges.
- You may have a basement, but it must not exceed the perimeter of your house, or be more than 11 blocks down. If you encounter a cave it is expected that you will ignore it apart from lighting it up to prevent mobs spawning and carry on with your building.
- If you encounter a Dungeon while building don't take the items or alter it, instead let a member of staff know, we will remove it for your convenience.
- If you encounter a ravine under your house, please ignore it and build around it.
- Be creative in your house designs, try and use a mixture of different materials that go well together rather than just using one block type.
- You can always check out the demo houses for examples.
- Try and shape your house, don't just make it tall and square.
- No tree houses or trees on top of your house, they overgrow and overshadow everyone else.
- No houses made of dirt, gravel, pumpkins, melons, TNT or sand.
- No waterfalls or other such things on the exterior of your house, you can have showers/baths etc inside your house, just keep them tidy. We wouldn't want you smelling now…
- No lava falls or other such things on the exterior of your house, you can of course have lava trash areas etc inside your house just keep them tidy. We wouldn't want you being untidy now would we…
- You can build on the edges of waterways but don’t build your house fully over or under water, this is so we can still have boat races.
- Farming structures are included in your allotted perimeter, and any animals must be kept to a minimum of two of each type. Breeding is permitted but must not be left overcrowded when you log out.
- No floating sky buildings or unsupported structures
- No mob traps as this is an unfair advantage and also lags.
- Dont leave redstone clocks on as this causes lag for other players.
- If your building is found to be unsuitable you will be asked to alter it, we will give you tips.
- If you become inactive by not coming on in 2 months and taking part we may remove your structures to make space for new players.
- If you build your house somewhere and then decide you would like to move you will need to contact Darren to discuss your plans before moving. Only 1 house per person.
- If you decide you would like to construct a public building please post your idea in the community building project section of the forums.
- Once you have picked a spot to build, make sure you type /sethome in chat to set your home location, so you can use /home to return there from anywhere else on the server.
- We like to keep all worlds nice and tidy, please respect the environment and landscape by keeping it looking naturally tidy. Dont go around just randomly altering landscaped areas unless its where your house is being built.
- Always keep it tidy, you may bonemeal around your house.
- The only place you can mine is the mining world, you can find a mining portal in spawn.
- Please remove entire trees, not just the bottom few parts of the trunk. Once you have removed all pieces of wood, the leaves will fall on their own. You should find at least one sapling from the dying leaves which you can then replant to grow a tree for future users.
- If you find any floating tree tops or random holes in the ground please fix them, it's a team effort.
- Gravity is unique in minecraft but there’s no need to defy it. Please do not build skybases or unsupported balconies and bridges.
- Dungeons can be found all over in the mining world and while we don’t mind your taking the mossy cobblestone, and items from the chests, we do ask that mob spawners be left intact for future use.
- NPC Villages should not be modified in any world, you may take from the chests in the mining world but not in the normal world.
- Pixel art, including statues and lettering is not allowed unless authorised my a Moderator/Admin.
- The Railroad System is intricate and will take you everywhere you need to go. The tracks can only be altered by Darren for transportation purposes and are subject to change. Occasionally they do get griefed and we may ask for your assistance in replacing missing tracks. This is the only exception to the rule.
Mining world rules:
- The only place in YAMS where you can mine is in the mining world.
- You can find a mining portal in spawn town.
- While there you can use /mvs to return to the mining hub and /home or /spawn etc to get out of the mining world.
- Please act responsibly when in this world as per YAMS rules.
- You should not build in the mining world, this includes but not limited to: Homes, mining bases, stairs, ladders, farms, mob traps, untidy markers and modifying NPC villages/witch huts/temples.
- Try and keep the surface of the world nice and tidy.
- No leaving random blocks around unless it's to cross over something or get up high. Remember keep it tidy.
- No leaving floating trees around, it's ugly and lazy.
- When making a mine shaft don't just dig straight down.
- You may use TNT, however please use it sensibly.
- Furnaces, crafting tables and chests may be used however leaving items in them is at your own risk no one else's. This includes world resets.
- The mining world is the only place where you can take from NPC Village chests providing you don't modify the village.
- If you find a stronghold please don't mine everything! It makes the place look ugly and is unfair on people who have never seen a stronghold. Take only what you really need and if you really want to be helpful tell others how to get there, after all when theres a map refresh there will be another chance to get more brick.
Nether world rules:
Hello fellow adventurer. Many people come here but not all have returned home. For this reason please do not set your home in nether and please abide by the rules below, they are for your own safety, pay attention!
- YAMS server rules apply so please be good.
- Strictly no building, death awaits those that do.
- Mine away from the portal but not to far away.
- Dont be greedy rush mining the ghasts will get you.
- No really don't be greedy, only take what you really need.
- Don't tell other players how to find the nether they must find it on their own just like how you did.
Creative world rules:
- The creative world is not the main part of YAMS, it's an addition to YAMS so you can test your ideas out and show your creativity with others easier.
- From time to time this world may reset.
- There is also a plot expiry time of 2 months, so if you become inactive for 2 months your plot will be removed.
- Each player is allowed one plot, you can however invite others to help on your plot by giving them permissions with a command.
- This world should be treated with respect don't abuse our trust, remember YAMS server rules apply as we are a family friendly minecraft server.
- Buildings should be family friendly.
- You can not /sethome in this world as its not the main world of YAMS, we still want players taking part in the main world.
- The only way home from this world is to die in lava or such. You will lose all expeirence levels and items you have on you so make sure you leave them at home.
- You can find more information and commands in the creative world, for which the portal is located at the bottom of spawn tower.
Multi-person account rules
- Any violations will be held accountable to the Minecraft account (username). This includes:
- Multi-person accounts.
- Accounts temporarily used by others (including but not limited to friends and family).
- Any account that has multiple people actively using needs to inform an Admin, Moderator or CSO. If you fail to abide by this rule we will take it as your account is only used by you and no one else.
- Each member of a multi-person account must have a separate user account on the forums if possible.
- In cases of a multi-person account being responsible for a violation of the rules we may try to make contact with all members using the multi-person account to find out what happened in cases where the rule violation has occurred while the account is offline. We may waive this in cases of more serious rule violations.
- Lastly you may only use one account on YAMS to play, if you get a new account and want to start using that one instead, please inform us straight away.
- If you change your in game account name, please let us know on the forum as soon as possible. We will then change your forum name to match your new name.
- It has recently come to my attention that text signs within minecraft are now causing an even bigger fps drop than before, with this in mind I have officially approved Optifine as one mod which can be used in YAMS as Optifine improves performance issues considerably, especially within spawn. Please respect this allowance, do not abuse my trust, do not use it to gain unfair advantage over others.
Please note that the rules above may not cover every eventuality and the YAMS staff reserve the right to take action against players as and when we see fit, and to modify the server rules without notice.
Have fun, be a part of the community, play nice!
Revision Date: Friday 10th of April 2015