Today our beloved YAMS is 4 years old which is great news, we have come so far and there's so much more that could be done!
Unfortunately however I also have sad news as it will more than likely be its last year, last year I asked everyone in The Future of YAMS post for their feedback on how we could progress with the server but feedback wasn't as forthcoming as I had hoped, I was hoping we could really change things, be less restrictive in areas and allow more freedom but I think a lot of people were happy with how things are currently.
From the feedback I decided to make some changes and renew the server for another year with the following conditions:
- I have downgraded from 2GB of RAM to 1.5GB, this shouldn't impact us much in terms of performance as we no way hitting the 2GB mark but will save a huge amount in cost.
- I have downgraded the player slot limit from 24 to 16, this isn't a huge cost saving as it would have been by decreasing it to 12 but we had at least 13 players on at one point during the YAMS Anniversary so I certainly don't want to stop anyone from coming on due to a player slot limit. If we ever feel the need to increase I will do so if I can.
- You the players of YAMS don't forget about YAMS and continue to come on and enjoy YAMS!
- We celebrate our 4th year of YAMS in case there isn't a 5th. That is make YAMS the best there is:
- Play our existing mini games and suggest new ones!
- Enjoy taking part in world challenges and events and suggest new ones!
- Suggest interesting plugin ideas http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins even if it's just for an event that day.
- Overall be a part of the community and have fun. Don't think we have enough fun? Just suggest things in the forums and turn up when we do actually do the things you ask for!
However a year on and I don't think we have truly celebrated YAMS as it should have been, if anything things have got worse, there's hardly any players on any more and I haven't seen some staff on in over 5 months, it feels like people have given up which makes me very sad as so much love, time, money and effort has been put into YAMS!
I don't currently have anything planned event wise for this anniversary as I'm quite upset about how things have gone, doesn't help that the last few events I have done not many people have turned up if at all.
But if you would like to celebrate YAMS, please go ahead and celebrate, it would make me very happy!
We have all made friends here and had some great times with some of us even having the chance to meet in person, all the good that has come from YAMS should not be forgotten.
Remember YAMS always, because while it is "Yet Another Minecraft Server" it isn't just any old server, it is a family friendly community that brought joy to many peoples hearts.
Also Id like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me personally or YAMS, from donations to helping me with feedback, it's all been appreciated.
Thank you everyone.
Previous anniversary posts: