As I'm hope most of you are aware from The Yams 4th Anniversary post and The Future of YAMS for 2014 post some decisions had to be made as to how to carry on with YAMS if at all due to time, budget and other constraints.
I didn't want to see YAMS end so abruptly without a proper end so after the anniversary post I started thinking of what could be done to have one last go of YAMS. I have came up with some ideas and have proposed these to staff to see who was interested in carrying on as staff in the hope of making these ideas a reality.
I have now had most of the staff reply, I'm still waiting on a few to reply but while I wait (I'd really like to have them on board) work has started already as we are on the clock and also id like to start getting members thoughts!
So here's the current plan, please bear in mind things may change as this isn't final:
- We will be switching minecraft hosts, I can no longer justify paying what we do with our current hosts.
- This will mean the ip address will change, but you should be using play.yams.me as the ip address anyway so you will be able to connect no problem once we switch as I will update it.
- I will try and get us over to Minecraft 1.8 with all the new blocks.
- New survival world, items will not transfer over as it would be nice if we all start of as new players, we have had our current 2nd world for some time now so a refresh will do everyone good giving players a chance for a fresh start.
- Mining world will stay, but will be refreshed, all mining to be done in mining world to prevent players digging into peoples basements or getting in the way of each other. Mining world will of course be refreshed.
- Test build world will hopefuly be replaced with a creative world.
- Old YAMS Normal worlds to be available as read only worlds for visits if possible, this will depend on RAM.
- Nether portal will most likely be more accessible this time, its currently hidden and you have to find it.
- Access to the end has yet to be decided.
- PvP will remain off except for certain pvp arena areas, we are a family friendly server we don't need people killing each other all the time.
- New world will not be as large radius wise, but may expand if needed as at a latter date.
- The big one.... no sandbox and no towns.....
- There will be no set theme unlike our current towns but there will be certain building rules.
- Players will build their houses along the side of the 4 main rails coming out of spawn tower, we will ask you to place your name at the side of the rails and that you build a path to your house and you don't go really far back (players should be able to see your house from the rails). So that's no plots...
- We are still a community and players should stick together don't try and separate yourselves out massively, be friendly with each other and explain to your neighbours what you plan on doing so you can wok out space between you.
- Only 1 house per player, but community projects will be allowed. We could maybe have 1 of the rails for community projects, we shall have to think.
- Small outbuildings such as wells and outside toilet etc around house will most likely be allowed as well as small farms and such.
- Building rules will include things such as not building offensive structures, not building houses that go very high up, floating houses (includes trying to attach it to the ground with say a 1x1 pillar to try and get round it)
- There will be good farms in spawn town as everyone should be provided with a good chance to start just as they were in sandbox.
- No mass claiming of land (i.e fencing massive areas off for future use), take the land you need there and then to build and expand as and when needed. Talk to your neighbours if you think you need space.
- Evictions could happen to those who don't come back in a long time, so keep active.
- There will be opportunities for new staff and internal staff promotions.
Well these are some of the ideas that I'm thinking of going along with, as I said at the start things could change, nothings final but I need to start somewhere. I'm hoping you agree on what we have planned?
Have anything to say, post below!