Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow7690

A thank you, to YAMS.

Wow. I decided to check this forum again, to see how the server is doing after all this time. And it's closed. That's absolutely awful :( , though I do understand the reasoning behind closing it.

But I digress.

Some of you may have known me as 'Shadow7690', some as 'Hoppor'. Anyways:

I wanted to say thank you. To everyone here, all the members I've had fun times with in my time on this server. It's been five whole years since the day I decided to post my application, to join this wonderful server. I just found out its fate. All good things must come to an end, I suppose. Anyway, I thought it would be good to say this 'thanks'. Thank you to the moderators, for keeping the best minecraft server I've ever played on safe & secure. Thank you to all the individual members I mined with, slayed mobs with, built with, chatted with. I don't know if anyone even checks this forum anymore, but eh. Whatever.

Five years, since I came here. Two years, since it closed. I'll never forget all the fantastic times I've had on YAMS, and it was a blast to play Minecraft with everyone.

If anyone wants to chat, or anything. Just hit me up on Discord, you'll find me as Hoppor#7470.  ^_^

Thanks again, and goodbye.

Edited by Hoppor

Hey Shadow (the username I remember you as)!. Nice to see a familiar name coming back to the forums after quite a while. Not sure if you''ll get a notification for this reply but oh well.

I usually come back to the forums for nostalgia's sake and to see if anyone posts anything (which you have). I have the forums bookmarked still - it'll be the end of an era when I get rid of it! It feels like the forums are stuck in time. No new posts, no new white list requests. As an ex-mod, just thought I'd say thank you for the kind words. I don't think I ever had as much fun with Minecraft than I did playing with the community on the server.

The original YAMS Enderman (since Beta 1.8!),

Ryan

Hey Ryan!

Glad to see a reply, didn't expect much. Thought nobody really checked the forums anymore, as the last post was months ago with no replies, but it's nice to see that someone still does.

I've truly had wonderful memories from this server. From building my first house, to getting approved and moving to Maplehold (and Snowheim the second time), to participating in YAMS events with all the others. It was probably the best time I've had playing any video game.

Oh, now that I think about it. I never did find the Nether portal. Where was it? :P Very curious to find out, even after all this time.

My goodness the nostalgia is hitting me real hard right now. And I have no idea why I felt like checking on the forums tonight, glad I did.

YAMS was an amazing time that helped me through school. I think trying my hardest to rank up through the system to eventually becoming a moderator really helped me in the real life. I remember a time when I had just became a CSO (by a razor thin line by the way) I would stay up all night long on the server by myself until midnight or 1am with dreary red eyes just waiting for Darren to log on (British morning) to make sure that the server constantly had someone watching over it. I was amazed at how a group of random people could come together to build a community. Especially one as diverse as we saw on YAMS. And I think that's what got me hooked. I spent so much time on the server and I don't regret any of it, it's weird how much I can remember. Not sure if there's any other chapter in life that's detailed and recorded so well just from memory.

And Shadow I actually remember your house in Snowheim, I don't think we actually conversed too much however. And Ryan, I remember always being slightly jealous of you because people liked you more than they liked me. Lol, what a time. I do miss my talks with madRAD, I wonder how he's doing. I also wonder how my new sister in law is that I haven't talked to in forever.

And as far as the Nether portal! It can't be spoken! It's STILL a secret that you must find! 

Sign in to follow this