Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

13/10/2011 - YAMS Halloween 2011

Halloween will soon be upon us and now while I’m sure some of you have no interest in celebrating Halloween at all, I’m sure there are plenty of people that do want too… So as Halloween this year is on a Monday, we shall be having a Halloween weekend leading up to the 31st, we all need some fun right and I’m sure those that don’t like Halloween can at least try and join in? Now here’s some stuff you need to know:[list]
[*]I need everyone to help spice up the towns with a Halloween feel, I can help with the cobwebs and pumpkins but at least try get the pumpkins yourself and don’t hassle me to place the webs :P
[*]A bunch of builders who can build be a very good big haunted house with the idea of having Mob Arena in it, so you go through the house and as you progress through it waves come out! :D
[*]Halloween building ideas!
[*]There’s more I want to say but you’ll have to wait and see!
[/list]

[quote name='Captain_Marbles' timestamp='1318543900' post='5185']
I'll help with the haunted house. I've got stacks of cobble just sitting there... I can't wait now! :D
[/quote]

same let me know where and when and i will help with that build!

I would like to do a Halloween Mob arena of sorts on one of the lots allotted. If someone could help me with the redstone I was thinking that it would be a mansion with mob spawners, shifting walls (the redstone bit) and some secret chests with treasures inside! if possible i would like the walls to shift on their own though redstone timers if possible

Ok so here's some stuff to say:[list]
[*]We have a specific area for the place with most of the terraforming having been done!
[*]We have a station near enough all set up and ready, just needs some chests and final touches.
[*]We have a ticket office!
[*]We have what will soon be a skull above the entrance...
[*]We have path ways... need bins and lighsts etc! ;) Lights good be like the ones I made at JB's Birthday place and the cast, with the fire in centre surrounded by glass! :)
[*]We have four 20x20 Plots. I'm thinking the following (Market Stalls, Some mini games and other Halloween stuff you might find at a fair!)
[*]We have two 48x48 Plots. For these plots im thinking (One rollercoaster ride! One boat ride!)
[*]We have one location on the hill for the Haunted House, my orginal idea was have MobArena inside this haunted house, however becuase of space and other reasons such as people just being able to skip the whole haunted house by doing /ma j etc etc I'm thinking maybe just have it as a kind of spook walk. Make it so people cant place/remove blocks (stops people placing torches). I'm more of a fan of making it look good then ugly so we can fit MA Inside. Of course we could have the house as a queue line with MA underneath but as I said above people could just skip it and just do /ma j arenaname. Even if you didnt tell them the name of the arena and place it on a sign, once they have done it once they would just do it again so in theory every one would only go through the mansion once, not counting warp leaks! Which kind of avoids why I wanted to build the mansion. So yep I'm thinking just more of a spooky walk but very very big with spawners etc but where people can just walk through it any time they want without waiting for me or anyone else to join!
[*]So what about MA? Well I'm thinking a more deticated area in the place would be better. It's also becuase of space you need for the mobs to spawn and other stuff. I'll have a look when I have time.
[*]I would like to build a maze of some sorts in the area, maybe this could be a part of the Haunted Mansion?
[*]I have lots more to say but thats all for now.
[/list]
Thanks for all comments!

[quote name='SteerpikeSister' timestamp='1319457576' post='5659']
i'm sad i'm going away for the weekend, anything i can help with before then?
[/quote]

Well I'll be out for quite a bit of the weekend too! ;) Do you know where the area is? It's New EAST. So from Crepper swamp go all the way EAST until you go past saidai and ACME and reach the end of the line. now GO NORTH along that line it's on your right hand side youll know when there. Or you can go EAST from Sandbox/Beachside down that line until you reach the end then go SOUTH until you see it! :)

Anyway the plots are all marked out, they have fences but they are just there so we know the plots, they can be removed! :) I think we need a market/fair type stalls in one of the first plots! :D Loads of mini little stalls! :D Could start on that?

Right it seems no one in game would like to come over and help out - very disapointed people!

There are sign suggestions with what we need everywhere at the place and I've explained how to get here!

You dont have to enjoy Halloween to take part, there's loads that needs doing, I myself don't celebrate Halloween but I'm doing this so YOU all have something to do - if you dont want to take part then say so and we might as well cancel this as theres no point in me putting effort in - but remember this next time you say you want to do a community build... well the offer was there!