Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)

hey, my username is hurtz2poop. I used to be a rather well known player on rainbow, but i left due to the mismanagement of the server. (its an awesome server - the admins... not so awesome). Anyway, i'm really looking forward to trying out your server.
kind regards
hurtz2poop

Hey there, welcome to the Forums!
Before you are whitelisted, could you please tell us a little about yourself? You know, any interests, favourite building materials, building habits, any hobbies you might have, that kind of thing? It gives us an idea of what kind of person you are :)

Hope to see you on the server soon,
Captain_Marbles.

Well my favorite building material is definitely glass. in fact, on rainbow i made a massive underwater faction house entirely out of glass. it was, in my humble opinion, pretty spectacular. i also prefer building to mining, but i do like to build sort of "safe haven" houses to use as a place to rest or craft deep underground. i keep them well stocked with food and tools and invite people to use them whenever the need arises

Thanks for the post! Although YAMS might be a little different to what you're used to, I think you'll love it on the server. We're a very friendly bunch, and very community based. You can probably expect to be whitelisted when the server next restarts, some time tommorow, although I can't make any promises :) Whilst you're waiting, could you read the server rules located in the link below. When you arrive on the server, a CSO will give you a tour. :)

Rules: http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/991-server-rules/

Thanks,
Captain_Marbles.

By the way, i was looking through some of the posts in the unbann request forum, and one of them said he was banned for having a "private mine". Does this mean having a personal mine in your house? Is this not allowed, and if not, may i ask why? Not trying to be disrespectful of your rules, just want to be clear.

I've not been on the server for that long, so I'm not sure why not, but the terrain has been mined dry, so Admin set up a different world just for mining, so you don't really need a private mine. The mining world is refreshed every now and then. The link below should answer any questions.

http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/1164-18102011-mining-world-now-open/

Hi and thanks for your posts :)

I'm just about to whitelist you but it wont come into effect until the next server restart, in the meantime please find the time to take a look at the sevrer rules located [topic='991']here[/topic].

[quote name='hurtz2poop' timestamp='1320109808' post='5891']
By the way, i was looking through some of the posts in the unbann request forum, and one of them said he was banned for having a "private mine". Does this mean having a personal mine in your house? Is this not allowed, and if not, may i ask why? Not trying to be disrespectful of your rules, just want to be clear.
[/quote]

We no longer allow personal mines as Captain_Marbles said the land has pretty much been hollowed out below the surface due to people mining and cannot be regenerated due to it being 1.7 terrain, however, we have another world attached to the server which is accessible through portals located in all town mines includuing sanbox (the first one you will use) here you can mine away to your hearts content and we can just refresh the world as we please therefore not destroying any un-necessary land.

Hope that helps, see you in game :)

[quote name='hurtz2poop' timestamp='1320109248' post='5889']
Jawohl! danke schon mein freund! ich kann nicht warten!
[/quote]

I Can understand half of it Thank you my friend i can not wait

Ich Kanns Manchmal Sprechen Deutch meine freund ich am nicht so sicher andere tunI hope th
at is right Im unsure About word order tho