Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
JBryant

24/05/2011 - CSO applications for June

Hello boys and girls ;)

School is almost out and that means new people galore coming into YAMS! Of course we all love new people don't we? Yes we do :P as we were all new once upon a time!

This also means we will need more CSOs as some of the current ones may be going off to distant lands for vacations or just prefer to be outside in nice weather. Everyone deserves a break, including us mods and especially our wonderful admin Darren who works very hard every day to make sure we have such a great community! :P

So here is your opportunity again to let us know why you think you would make a good Community Support Officer. If you don't know what a CSO does, well basically be a role model to other players. Show new people around, give help with building ideas, keep an eye out for griefing/stealing and if necessary put offenders in jail. You should be the first people they come into contact with as a new arrival to YAMS. You can ask a CSO about their experiences or go back and read previous posts/applications for a better idea. The appointments will change as people come and go so don't worry if you have limited availability. If you are at all interested go ahead and post your application here. Let's work together to make sure we have fun with minecraft and as always thanks for being a part of YAMS! :lol:

I guess I will go for this. ;) Really, I don't have much of a schedule, I normally Don't play

until noon (PT 7 GMT). I try to be at spawn tower when anyone new comes on to make sure they read

the rules and that there is no griefing. I try to offer tours when I have time. I have a vacation coming up in June (I think it is the 4th)

to the west coast (Of the USA) and I might be online less while packing and during the trip, so don't be surprised if I'm not on.

,Dalejr88

So Should i put my application here since i already applied?

[b]EDIT (BY DARREN):[/b]

This is what Fiona Emailed me on monday before this post, so it deserves to be posted here, Fiona if you wish to post a more detailed one feel free too. P.S. I love your intro!!! ;)

[quote]Hai, This is Fiona.
I think i should be a CSO because i have been on this server a while and i care about it a lot and enjoy being on it. I am a trustworthy person, and i want to help keep the piece and i find it really frustrating to not be able to do anything about people who are breaking the rules when no one other "authority" is on and feel like all i can do is talk, and tell then to stop and warn them that they will get in trouble. I am forgiving and won't go jailing happy. As far as times to be on, I go to school during the day, and get home at different times everyday, i usually go on when i get home till the time i go to bed, i may not always be working on minecraft but i check it every few minutes even when i'm afk(homework). It wouldnt hurt to have another person on guard, and you can trust me :lol:
Thank you :3 That is all.. I think..[/quote]

i have been on the YAMS forum for a while now as leetmurdoc.
i have shown new people around and helped with community projects, helped people with designing and or creating projects. i have helped with the cleaning up of griever damage and think it would be nice to have the official title of CSO with all i have tried to do on the server. im not much of a builder on there but i enjoy helping people on the server.
i appreciate any feed back on my behavior on the server so far and if it makes me legible to become a CSO

Hey guys, ProfoundJed here. I would like to offer up an application to be a CSO on the YAMs server. I think I could be a very good asset to the CSO team, because I am online a lot now that is summer, and I do really try and help people out when noone else is online, and I try to keep people following the rules. Also, because I am online a lot during the sumemr, I think it would be a relief to some of the mods if they could share some of the responsibility with another person. If I am chosen to be one, I will be fair, giving people warnings when they do something wrong, and not being ban-happy. I will try and keep the peace as much as I can, and try to make YAMs a great place for people to build, hang out, and explore! I just really want to help out as much as I can. Another reason I think I can be a great CSO, is that I am fully aware of the rules and how we enforce them, thanks to watching our great mods and admins do their job! I also know my way around the server quite well!

Hey guys its GoldenFox7 here and i wanted to just post a application for CSO. So yeah ive been with YAMS for about 4 weeks now or more and ive dedicated my time to this server. This is honestly the BEST server with the BEST and nicest people . Thankx Darren im giving a shout out to you cause we wouldnt be here without you so yeah i hope i can be a CSO and ill try my best to be the best member i can on this amazing serevr... ;)

Hello YAMS!
This is just another application for a CSO. I would be so proud to be a CSO and ive been interested for a while now. Also i have been with this awsome server for about a few weeks and i really enjoy it so i would love it if i could help out even more by becoming a CSO thanks and i hope i see the YAMS community around!

Bjumbo

[b]EDIT:[/b] This user is now banned after calling me all the names he could think of, no need to repeat them here! There was no need for it! ;) He was explained why he was jailed and also why he was going to be banned.

Hello its wolfie here and i would like to be a CSO i've been with this server for around a month now and help out anywhere i can i would really enjoy to help more. I've held an event that was really suscessful everyone really enjoyed it and congrats to madrad for winning the contest. This has to be the most fun and amazing server i've been on for minecraft nothing can beat it i've made lots of friends and had lots of funny jokes and really hope to get this position yet i won't be upset if not

Your very friendly friend
Wolfie

Hi all, My application to be a CSO is as follows;

[b]Why should i be consider as a CSO?[/b]

During the 4 weeks that i have spent on the YAMS server i've been more than willing to help out any way that i can, whether that be doing small adjustments to the hotel or building the boat race area to starting the building of the airport, i've not only helped with building work but also helped with advise towards the new members and with donation of items to them when i can.

[b]What are your responsibilities as a CSO?[/b]

As a CSO i believe my responsibilites would include keeping peace on the server, showing newcomers around and ensuring that they read the rules on level 5 of spawn tower. Helping any members old or new in anything that i can assist with, ensuring that griefing does not take place and when it does that it is dealt with suffeciently i.e /jail if the person did it intentially with no good reason. Upholding the overall good respect/atmosphere amongst members of the server and ensuring that any problems they may have are fixed. All this time taking some weight off the Mods/Admins shoulders so that they do not have to fix every little problem on the server ensuring they have time to enjoy the game.

[b]A little about you?[/b]

Aside from my first inital introduction i'll go into a little more detail about myself. I'm aged 24 and live in the north east of the UK next to a town called Middlesbrough, it isnt the greatest of places but its where i call home. I work part time in a pub/late bar in my town as the assistant manager (although in 2 weeks i am running my own shift as the main manager) I generally only work on a friday/saturday nights up to 3am, like any job it comes with problems, mainly drunken people fighting but we have security for that.

Aside from Minecraft i used to play a game on steam called Counterstrike 1.6..... i try counterstrike source but found the game horrible, i also have an xbox 360 which i enjoy playing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2.... again i bought COD Black Ops and sold it as i thought that game horrible too!

I hope that my application is successfull as i'm sure i can be a good Asset as a member of the YAMS staff.

Many Thanks
Tyler

[b]Applications now closed; if you have been successful you will hear from me personally soon as I would like a 1:1 conversation with each of you. This would ideally be on our mumble voice chat server; on here you can talk (best option) or send private chat messages. However if this is not convenient then another form of communication can be arranged on a different platform.

Thanks for all your applications.[/b]