Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
madrad

YAMS Carol Concert [OFFICIAL]

Oh holy night *mumbles*

Well the holiday time is upon us and what is more in tune with the holidays than Christmas related songs and carols.

This is why YAMS will be holding a noteblock song competition open to all.

The competition will open as soon as the location is sorted out and all you need to do to apply is reply to this post stating what song you wish to make. You will need to source the sheet music for your song yourself (but if you ask me nicely ill see if I can find it in any sites I use) and before you start the song will need to be approved by either a Moderator or Darren.

This will run untill 18:00 GMT on 24th December.

If you would like to enter but you dont really know how to make Minecraft music feel free to ask me and I will be open to giving a quick tutorial. (but it would be helpful if you can already read sheet music :) )

All entries will be judeged by Darren and a prize will given to the winner.

[b]UPDATE:[/b] Location now selected. If you plan on taking part please Darren ASAP as well as what song you plan on doing.

I will sort out a place tonight!!! :) And as for prizes I'd like to personally pitch into this so as it's Christmas I'd like to offer something substantial, either in the form of an Amazon gift card or Steam game gift (Aprox 5-8 pounds/euros/dollars).. hopefuly this may get some of you more into taking part!! :D Watch out for Madrad and the rest of the staff though as they are not the judges if they take part....

[quote name='Dynamo12xr4 (Joe)' timestamp='1323378211' post='7433']
I gave up on single player i spose i dont want to do it on YAMS it was to much redstone It would have been expencive around if i was to make it perfect 14 stacks of reapeters
[/quote]

Nice to see some spirit there! -_- You're a CSO, encourage please! :)

I have no idea how to do noteblocks but I am in... not telling what my song is and if Madrad could teach me I do know treble and bass clef and that would be very helpful. Question: can others help me?

I was going to do Making Christmas: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzd3VnWW9wg[/media]

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1323378937' post='7434']
Nice to see some spirit there! -_- You're a CSO, encourage please! :)
[/quote]

I am the Scrooge of the Server I dont like christmas songs Why was i planning on doing A medley?

[quote name='Dynamo12xr4 (Joe)' timestamp='1323456011' post='7459']
I am the Scrooge of the Server I dont like christmas songs Why was i planning on doing A medley?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34w8xqFz3eU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34w8xqFz3eU[/url]

[b][u][color=#0000FF]WINNERS![/color][/u][/b]

And that’s it the competiton is over and I have judged the people who have taken part... and the winners are as follows:

1st - Ryanfenton for his attempt at "All I want for chirstmas is you!" Theres a little something for you on the way check your emails a bit latter! :)
2nd - Captain_marbles for his attempt at "We wish you a merry christmas". Check spawn tower soon!
3rd - Murasna for his little attempt at "Making Christmas" I would have loved to see you finish it. Please see me in game for a prize. :)

Runners up - Madrad and ElseJon for having a go... contact me in game for a little something! :)

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1324758719' post='8043']
[b][u][color=#0000FF]WINNERS![/color][/u][/b]

And that’s it the competiton is over and I have judged the people who have taken part... and the winners are as follows:

1st - Ryanfenton for his attempt at "All I want for chirstmas is you!" Theres a little something for you on the way check your emails a bit latter! :)
2nd - Captain_marbles for his attempt at "We wish you a merry christmas". Check spawn tower soon!
3rd - Murasna for his little attempt at "Making Christmas" I would have loved to see you finish it. Please see me in game for a prize. :)

Runners up - Madrad and ElseJon for having a go... contact me in game for a little something! :)
[/quote]

great job guys on all the songs especially ryan, darn 1.0 made him restart and still did awesome!

PS. redstone is a pain!