Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

12/01/2012 - Minecraft 1.1.0 Update Released

Minecraft 1.1.0 is out! :)

I will keep this post updated with any news you need to know regarding YAMS and Minecraft 1.1.0 as I expect you won't be able to get onto the server if you update! ;) I will update as soon as possible with more information.

Below is a list of some of the added features:[list]
[*]Bow Enchantments
[*]Golden Apple recipe
[*]New language translations.
[*]Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
[*]Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
[*]Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
[*]Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
[*]Removed collision box from ladders
[*]Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
[*]Plus many bug fixes!
[/list]
Want to see Minecraft 1.1 in action. Check out this video by the talented [url="http://www.youtube.com/haatfilms"]H.A.T. Films[/url] guys!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrU6GTq8HM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrU6GTq8HM[/url]

Something which I do and would probably benefit people is have two copies of Minecraft! :)

I have the normal one which is loctated in the normal install place and I update at same time as YAMS and then i have a portable version which i use for test builds and such and is located and another install location! :)

I use one such as this on a windows machine:
[url="http://portableapps.com/node/25222"]http://portableapps.com/node/25222[/url]

Its very easy just install it and open it up and it will download the latest version of MC for you, then whenever theres an update you could either keep this as the backup to move to play with or use this one instead to play with updates! :)

[quote name='Dale' timestamp='1326408189' post='8615']
terrain generation has changed again.... :(
[/quote]

Its Minecraft! It will always change! :( Better a month away before the move then on the move though... but yeah theres nothing we can do about it in terms of the new world just got to pick a seed and go with it.

[quote name='d8g4cnd24_h7' timestamp='1326431952' post='8634']
Could you please update the server by January 13, 2012 because i want to play but the server is outdated. So it would be great if you could update the server as soon as possible.
[/quote]

The server cant be updated until bukkit and the plugins are updated. It shouldnt be long though :)

i vote new world is totaly flat in the arc feb move to a new land ^_^ lol jk

That is nice that they added bow enchanting and the apple drop along with the sheep respawning wool!

and bug fixes woohoo!

hopefully jeb and the team will figure out what they want to do with the terrain gen before feb... they seem to be trying to tweek it so that the updates wont affect it me thinks

CraftBukkit has been updated to 1.1 with version #1713 however its not a recommended build just quite yet, meaning still bugs and such, hopefuly (please...) wont be long. :)

In other news.... thanks to Murasna's suggestion of a flat world, YAMS will not be moving to a flat world! Life is so much easier when things are flat! :)

[quote name='Murasna' timestamp='1326437404' post='8636']
i vote new world is totaly flat in the arc feb move to a new land ^_^ [/quote]

Ok just kidding too! :) but yeah Murasna, I dont think the terrain will ever be finished well not any time soon anyway, I know Jeb said maybe he should look at backing terrains backwards version combatible but how many things have Mojang said and havent deliverd to date yet? We cant wait for them and be waiting a very long time... or we could go ahead and just pick a map in Feb and then the very next day they could change the terrrain again... it's all luck. Thats why we are just going to have to go ahead with something and hope for the best.

I dont mind not having new biomes and materials in the new world if it changes again becuase we can always use the mining world and such. The only thing that will anoy me though is if Mojang do what they did with Creeper Swamp and Highlands and such and make biomes change = snow! :(

[b]EDIT: [/b]Was reading around and noticed this comment.

@andrewkm Question for you, are 'old' 1.0 swamp-normal borders smoothed in 1.1? or does that only happen with new 1.1 generated maps? Im not entirely sure to be honest. Ive only really checked //chunk //regen with WG and it seems like the old map is totally compatible with 1.1

If that is the case thats a bonus! I may download the mining world which is 1.0 terrain and try it on a test build of bukkit 1.1 and regenerate exsisting areas and see if they change... Ohh and before anyone says anything yes I probably will regenrate the mining world for this update if you are nice to me! Please send cookies and diamonds to "4 Spawn Road, Spawn Town, YAMS." :)

To repeat something that has been said everytime Minecraft updates is that unfortunatly our hands are tied by the third party developers of essential plugins that are used in the running/security of the server.

We will announce here when the server will be updated.

It is not really THAT bad because it gives you even more time to gather things to bring to the ark. Also, a lot of people in school can't get on that often because of the final exams on the semester. It is sorta a blessing in disguise. :)

I have been trying a development build of Minecraft Bukkit for 1.1.0 and I dont see any major problems however Essentials the plugin we use for /home and /spawn etc seems to have some issues as no matter how many times I login and out and restart the test server at home it always gives me the message of hi welcome to YAMS please read the rules, so until this is fixed I'm holiding off, but I would be anyway as no recommended build but thought id try a dev build.

[b]EDIT: [/b]Ok its not Essentials with the problem though it does appear to be its another plugin conficting, let me try another dev build of that one! :)

[b]EDIT 2:[/b] Ok so I've managed to get the devs to fix that problem above! :) However I've picked up on another problem but cant do anything about it as the plugin website is down at the moment. Hopefuly once bukkit releases a recommended build things will be more stable and plugin developers will update! :)

Ok after some extensive testing on my home server, I'm going to try and update YAMS to a dev build of Minecraft Bukkit 1.1, if all goes well you can update to Minecraft 1.1 - I shall keep this thread updated with how things go... but for the time being I am whitelisting only myself while I update and check everything works. :)

[b]UPDATE 18:39 GMT:[/b] Just creating the nether and mining worlds, the nether i first had was quite bad you were stuck very very farm inside a mountain, took ages to get out, so finding a better one and oi no glowstone rush mining please! :P

[b]UPDATE 18:43 GMT: [/b]Argh same nether world... :O you may have to stick with this one.... let me have another go!

[b]UPDATE 18:47 GMT: [/b]Pefect right near a massive lava lake right at the bottom of the world + also a nether stronghold near by! :D

[b]UPDATE 18:50 GMT: [/b]Ok dont see any problems, lets see how things go, you can come on in 10mins! :) welcome back! :)

[b]UPDATE 19:00 GMT:[/b] Just a reminder please report any bugs you find! :) And there may still be restarts while I find things that need fixing! Ohh you can get on now by the way, please update! :)