Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

West: Perivale

You should all have a little valentines present from me! Hope you like :) I even gave Darren a present :P

LIES! i didn't get one... Not like i ate it or anything... /Me Burps Pardon me >.>

Not sure if I am Able to tonight now so I have some gold in my chest if I'm not on and some one else is doing it you can use my gold

Which chest, or are you good with me hunting them out?

EDIT - Ok, got them, added them to mine which made six blocks and added them. Need a few more, maybe 10ish?

One of my favorite things are puzzles. I wish we had more of them. I love Darren's redstone light-up-the-lights puzzle. I have often designed my own puzzle mazes in the real world, partly inspired by Robert Abbot's Logic Mazes. (Google it!) I designed a puzzle maze for Minecraft and would like to propose adding it as a tourist attraction for Perivale! It's hard to describe, so I built it in the test build world. Please have a look and maybe give it a try. It is easy/medium in difficulty. It took my daughters about 5 minutes to work through it. Only one person at a time can go through, or the maze becomes impossible. I used glass walls (1) as a tease to the puzzle inside, (2) to be sure the person inside doesn't get claustrophobia, and (3) to let friends laugh at you as you go through! I built it in the Perivale style, of course. It is designed in such a way that, when you successfully complete the puzzle, all the levers and doors are back in their original position, ready for the next person. (If someone gives up and does a tp to get out, well, the maze will be half solved and perhaps a bit easier for the next person, though if they don't know what they're doing, the levers and doors will quickly get randomized again.) Please leave feedback if you see how to improve it. It is small (11x13 + a little porch/entrance area), so we could tuck it away anywhere. If I had glowstone, I might replace the torches, but I haven't found the nether yet!

Next project: I'd love to do a puzzle that requires 2 people to cooperate to get through, but haven't thought of a good design yet!

-AustinSeb (Dad)