Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

West: Perivale

I've built up a Blacksmiths and Armoury in Test World, if people want to have a look. Obviously while checking out the pig racing :P

I think the Blacksmith's and Armoury is great! Two little ideas to consider:

1. Should there be a fee for using the anvil? (Honor system) Anvils cost 31 iron ingots to make, but fall apart after about 25 uses (on average--it's a bit random). If each use costs 1 iron ingot, that would almost pay for the new anvil.

2. I built a suggestion for the furnace (which I got from Paul Soares Jr.). It makes it look like you're smelting things in the fire instead of in a furnace (hidden behind the flames). Jut an idea!

What about the pig racing arena? Thats been suggested quite a few times and theres also the test of it in the test world.

I like the arena in the test world. Can't wait to do a pig race! How does the finishing line work? How do you know who wins and when?

Trip wires will help! :)

I built a possible finish line in the Test World. I couldn't get the trip wires to work without enlarging the track (so that neighboring trip wires didn't trigger the same event), so I tried using pressure plates instead. Please let me know if I should design a less imposing scoreboard! (Or someone else can try to redesign one. The circuitry for the scoreboard is not complicated.)

Edited by AustinSeb

Some questions:

1. What do you think about the Perivale Puzzle Maze? Is it too easy? too hard? just right? Should it be bigger, or is it good as it is?

2. What is our next project? Blacksmith? Pig races? (I vote for the blacksmith's.)

I built a possible finish line in the Test World. I couldn't get the trip wires to work without enlarging the track (so that neighboring trip wires didn't trigger the same event), so I tried using pressure plates instead. Please let me know if I should design a less imposing scoreboard! (Or someone else can try to redesign one. The circuitry for the scoreboard is not complicated.)

Good work on the redstone! :)

I'm making some tweaks hope you dont mind, I'm cutting a few seconds off timings so the redstone lamps light up quicker. :D

Good work on the redstone! :)

I'm making some tweaks hope you dont mind, I'm cutting a few seconds off timings so the redstone lamps light up quicker. :D

The rewiring looks good! I don't remember how I wired it, so I'm not sure how you shortened the timing. I'd like to learn—how did you do it?

I like the ice skating rink in the test build area!

So what is our next project? Pig racing? Blacksmith? Skating rink?

Edited by AustinSeb

I'd say pig racing idea, it's been up there for sometime, Poor little piggys need to run, to be free! Well of course in a arena but any who, I vote piggeh racing to be built :)

Blacksmiths is now done! It looks great and we used Barty's idea out of the test_build world :) Thanks to everyone that helped out, you all did a great job! :D

So, whats the next project? Pig racing arena? Ice rink? :)

Blacksmiths is now done! It looks great and we used Barty's idea out of the test_build world :) Thanks to everyone that helped out, you all did a great job! :D

So, whats the next project? Pig racing arena? Ice rink? :)

Ice rink should be built in snowheim is my personal opinion. I've always said that all towns should help each other out in builds this includes when someone mentions a build for one town which would be better suited for another town that it's built there, there's no reason why all players cant share ideas and resources!

yeah, an ice rink is a snowheim thing. open to more ideas though|!

Thanks, as I've said before to town moderators, I see no reason why town moderators cant work together more. If I was a town moderator, id be saying hey lets all work on this town project in this town, then that town and so on. That way the entire community focuses on one build in one town then all move onto next town to help. Gets people seeing other towns and taking part in things elsewhere, also helps all towns get at least something built. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDPw5dGdRQ

This is Perivale, such a perfect town

Here we have some rules, let us lay them down

Build your house, make it shine

Stay away from the vine

Perivale is our dream place

Grief a house, and you're bann'd

Steerpikesis' is our aunt

Perivale, Perivale

That is such a lovely town

:D

Edited by Jorgmeisterwork

So I did a little tester of the pig racing in the test build world, but was first attempt and didn't go that well :P Tbh... I think we may need a bigger space. I tried to fit it in the size of the market, but was a very short one. Lord suggested maybe doing an upstairs aswell? I will test again when I come back on :)