Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

West: Perivale

So when me, Luke and Nams where making the pig arena in the test world naomi decided to stand in the glass :) i thought it was funny so thought i would share it :)

20130412120041.png

Edited by kolayhe

i really like the arena that was made in the test build area, when i get back i'll work out the proper place for it, but if you want to help you can take down the market stalls for me? all materials to go to the warehouse. :)

For the arena, could it not go into a circle? Finish by the start? Just put a redstone delay on the opening gates so that they shut after a few seconds, then when you're done, the issue of getting the pigs back to the start isn't there?

Its quite simple, just make the same course, but in a square? 8P Just think its gonna be better, otherwise the pigs are gonna be everywhere. I had a hassle in the testbuild with getting the pigs to go back in, nevermind out in the real world. 

Just a idea, of course. Just think it'd look better too, instead of a great long course? 

OR, if we're not wanting the curves/corners, long course with a build in section down one side where all pigs + riders go. Just a two by two straight line up one side, going back up to the start...

| Race Track | Walkway |    

|                    |                 |

^ Like that? So it'd be a door to a dropped runway that leads straight back to the start, where you can re-pen the pigs. 

Personally, I'd prefer a round track... just seems more realistic, unless we're doing drag-pigs.... as in drag racing pigs, not putting them in dresses... xD

Just my thoughts!

thought for pig track, figure 8, coz if just circle person on inside lane can go around it 5 times before outside lane gets around once.  can either have a tunnel or bridge to allow the overlap part of tracks.

Good idea, if it can be pulled off and not looking ugly! :D

ok, i'm approving this build to start asap, i've decided that it should run alongside the town walls rather than out into the desert. your starting point is the area that used to be the market, i've cleared it but feel free to make any changes to THIS AREA ONLY.

dont start too clost to the town walls either. as i'd like to see a seating area so spectators can watch the races. i'll keep checking on the progress of this build, anyone who wants to suggest changes/improvements best do so now before we get started!

you may use materials from the warehouse for this build. if no CSO is on members can take what they need ONLY, and i will be checking. :P

Yep have a bridge going over the track to get to the seating?

Could have two bridges, one at one end of track, one at the other, finish and start? 8D I am thinking of the right place, market down of If pool to big tower, right? So either end of the poolish area for bridges? OR, one bigger, in the middle like a over river bridge to observe from?

I have finished the pig racing but the seating just needs doing! Are we gonna have a bridge at each end? I quite like this idea so wouldn't mind having it! Thanks to the peeps that helped doing the pig racing arena :)

I have finished the pig racing but the seating just needs doing! Are we gonna have a bridge at each end? I quite like this idea so wouldn't mind having it! Thanks to the peeps that helped doing the pig racing arena :)

Not finished.. till steer the boss says it is! ;) Plus I always pick up on things too, I can be picky! :P

not finished yet i'm afraid. heres my list of things that still need to be done.

1 there is exposed redstone on the start button: needs covered.

2 down in the lowere pits you can see dirt, please change to slabs like the rest of it.

3 there is no seating area to watch the races

4 the area around needs terraformed, its really untidy: make it pretty.

5 the things that light up at the end could do with being made more interesting, atm they are pretty plain.

thats all i can think of for now but i'm sure Darren will find more later! :P