Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

West: Perivale

Of what Steer said above I have done 1 and 2. Barty has done 3 designs for the traffic light thingys at the end, so would you mind picking the best design Steer? :) I'll do the rest when more members are on so they can help. Just seems to be staff doing it all :(

Just an idea but on the left hand side of the pig racing arena theres just a plain patch of sand is anything going there like the bridge? if not you just an idea you could change the sand to grass but some benches in and make a little seating area ,break the wall so your looking at the swimming pool ? just an idea :P

so my suggestions have still not been implemented on the pig racing.... :( Sad steer. have you all lost interest?

also, i've been asked to make changes to the town as its apparently getting stale. anyone have suggestions?

so my suggestions have still not been implemented on the pig racing.... :( Sad steer. have you all lost interest?

also, i've been asked to make changes to the town as its apparently getting stale. anyone have suggestions?

I made three designs for the traffic pile light things at the end, just don't know which one we're using?

I never said that, so please don't take what I said out of context.

I merely asked if you had thought about changing anything in the town so things stay fresh like what snowheim's doing for example, all new walkways so town looks new.

I made it clear at the time that you haven't done anything wrong, I was just giving suggestions I never said you need to make changes. So it very upsetting for you to come on here and say that when I didn't!

Unless you are talking about someone else? But considering you're the town mod I doubt that anyone would tell you that you need to do something. You should know better than others that I'm very clear that the mods control towns and should be proactive in doing things, I don't step in unless I really need too.

Now that spawn restaurant are history, I think its time Perivale get a pizza restaurant. Perivale Pizza Palace! :D

In addition, we need that firestation that has been suggested at the welcome centre as long as Ive been on yams (2,5 months, wow times going)

Now that spawn restaurant are history, I think its time Perivale get a pizza restaurant. Perivale Pizza Palace! :D

In addition, we need that firestation that has been suggested at the welcome centre as long as Ive been on yams (2,5 months, wow times going)

Instead of thinking about other projects to do it perivale, we need to finish the pig racing arena :)

There's nothing stopping us having a couple of projects going, really... Many a time have we done this... I remember building the animal farm
And the post office in a day...

I think one of our issues is stopping with one single project, especially with things like this. I personally have no idea what to do with the pig arena, people keep saying it needs done, so why aren't the people who know what it needs to look like doing it?

I'd prefer to be doing other things at the same time, so at least it's a couple of choices of things to work on, not one. It's not like its the size of the theatre and needs constant attention of everyone...

Just thoughts.

I agree on that :)

I prefer to have a couple of projects going on so I can help out here and there and move on when I feel lost, or finished what I can contribute with. What I feel, that can be a problem for many, is that the demands for quality on the projects is so high, so I dont dare take part on them alone. If I spend 1 hour doing something, and it have to be redone anyway, then I just wait until I can hang on someone. In singleplayer I build and build and build, and improve the houses now and then when I see it can be done better. Here at yams many of the builds are so good (and thats not a bad thing itself :)  ) that it feels wrong to build on them an maybe mess up others good ideas.

Its just a case of a common issue you get when lot of people with different abilitys, ideas and understanding of english for example dont have an effective way in communicating and sharing thoughts. I dont think minecraft was designed to support large scale cooperation.

For example, if the demands is that it should be as good as the colosseum or spawn tower, I could never make that in a reasonable time without someone to follow all the time. Its not only make anything big, it must be functionally, it must follow specific town styles to get approved. Then it take much more skills to get that done right.

So i suggest officially that we make 2 medium builds:

Perivale Pizza Palace, at the size of the farm maybe, it should have a kitchen area, eating area in 2 stores, warehouse and toilet in basement, and an outside eating area and takeaway area. This house should be really nice looking. A high class pizza restaurant :)

Perivale Fire Department; a fire station at the size of the library maybe, with garage for at least 2 firetrucks and extinguishing equipment, crew rooms  with beds, bathroom, living room and sliding pole down to the garages, command/watch tower, and a helipad with a fire/rescue chopper on the roof. This building may be more blocky and speed built. In my town, the fire station is as square and blocky as you get it :P  But it have 5 (or was it 6? I see it everyday but dont remember) ports for trucks. ^^ The high Tower is important to include, every station i know about have that. Im not sure but i think its for hanging the hoses, and for watching.

Pig race update:

I made a shop at the entrance, wided out the stone area 4 Blocks to fit it.

I made a pattern in goal area, its ment to be an arrow leading the player toward gold position at the podium from his/her lane.

I couldnt find any wool at all at the Warehouse in perivale, and Im not sure how to set up the goal light system. So that should be up to the local redstone technician :P

I also suggest making a large seating area, plank floor and eating tables on top, to the right of the race arena, that is where it is sand. Maybe buildit  6-7 Blocks out. I can make a mockup in test world!

Goal lights were working last time I checked >_> unless you've destroyed them.

I didnt tested them. But couldnt see any redstone when i breaked a Block on the backside :) I thought it was just models. Anyway, we lack the wool

Wuops, i alredy ran away and mockuped it :) Here it is http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3554/7qy.png

I wont make it before metropolis eek is over, i have so much ideas there i want to make first :) Then i will run straight to pig arena, of course everyone may make this if its approved. The sand will have to be terraformed 7-8 Blocks out,

I was just thinking it maybe would collide With darrens park plans, (according to the sign on the bridge)

well, Darren and i finally finished the pig racing. am really unhappy it had to end the way so many projects on yams have done- me and Darren clearing up the mess after you've lost interest.

the reason we are not having a pizza restaurant- what would we actually serve? there is no pizza in minecraft! however, if you want to revamp the Cafe Iris into something else i'm open to ideas.

i could be persuaded by the firestation idea with a testbuild. hop to it! ;)

any more suggestions?

i did have an idea myself that i couldnt test- should we be the first town to have daylight sensor streetlights? lets see your ideas for these!

The street sensors are a good idea, my only worry is the fact that you'd have to reverse the system thingy to make them light up at night rather then day(?I think that's right?) which might cause some lag for some players... but it would be cool...

There's (or at least last I looked there was) loads of ideas in the centre under the stairs... Fire station being up there as well... Maybe look there, see what was going on there for ideas?

Also, as for the pig racing, I don't feel as though it was a failure to care, more of a failure of communication... I asked twice what was going on with the end poles, I made up three after being asked to try it out, then asked which you (steer) would like to make all three like and can't recall getting a answer. I didn't help as everything I tried to help with broke or people that I would need to question disappeared (whether Afk or offline). I don't know what to do with things like that, especially when it has red stone in amongst it.