Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

West: Perivale

Recently I've had a bit of problem with the animal farms, When i seem to open a gate all the animals run and few get out. I was wondering if there was anything we could do to stop this?

Like I said before could we not tidy up the farms? They keep escaping and it's really annoying

I assume you mean animal farms, unless food and saplings are running away? :P

Talking about farms.... I believe steer wants to move/make farms in the big flat area we have now where there used to be plots, the plots were removed as they never got used. I suggested to steer that if she is doing that then to make the farms interesting... let me explain my idea:

So you all know we have the wood land / forestry area *cough* my idea *cough* well I was thinking something similar where that flat area is near the tracks where old plots were, but make it for farms and instead of just having lines of standard farms have them dotted around farm houses and such and even integrate the trees into it too, have lots of tree areas all around that you can chop down and replant but not necessarily in linear fashion (like sandbox etc) so while there would be signs saying these trees can be cut down it would like like a feature.

Farms/reeds etc could be a long a stream river that goes down to the big river/lake at bottom.

And mushrooms could be inside a cave.

Of course would require quite a bit of terraforming, but I think it could be nice touch instead of the same old farms in a row.

I did have a picture to share... but Flickr is down. :(

Hopefully you understand what I mean, let me know what you think. I'm trying to convince steer. :P

P.S. Steers away for a week tomorrow... so while she's gone we shall party! Muwhahaha!  :ph34r:

So I've made a fire truck in test build. And a fire station (that could use some work really, fire stations generally being a box as is...) but yes. The truck itself really wasn't difficult. Getting something together to resemble a garage for said truck , also not that hard, but the quarters where they'd sit above the garage a bit harder... But that's probably my lack of skills.

So I've made a fire truck in test build. And a fire station (that could use some work really, fire stations generally being a box as is...) but yes. The truck itself really wasn't difficult. Getting something together to resemble a garage for said truck , also not that hard, but the quarters where they'd sit above the garage a bit harder... But that's probably my lack of skills.

Will have to go look. Do you remember the one tuna made in metropolis?

Edit: Please dont forget to see my farm idea on past page peeps! :)

I've saw a picture of it once upon a time. Never saw it really, I don't think. Was only in the other world for a few months, and those few months weren't anything much. Especially since most of it was spent going "What does what? Wheres that? I need to do a arc? Wait... there is a arc? I need to apply yesterday? AWESOME. Let me get right on that."

Aww still no ones commented on my forest farm idea, though thanks for the likes.

Anyway no I didnt mean old world, I said metropolis, though... I was wrong it wasnt tunas (he did the bus tour place) haha, it was done by ustas55 and is quite good, I've placed it in the test build world, I hope ustas or steer doesn't mind. :)

I've seen what you build Barty, I like the fire engine a lot (well done), the fire house is a good start too however it contains a lot of red brick which insnt a town material, one of reasons I think steer was unsure about a firehouse because of the materials. Ustas one has red brick too but he also has slabs, we need to try and make one with as much stone + slabs so it fits in with the town. :) Also maybe less coloured glass at the side, looks a bit messy though I think I see what you were trying to do.

Anyway good start considering you're the only one to do so and steer had asked before for someone to start....

Glad you like the Engine, it was a pain. I had Mad in there trying to figure out how to make the lights flash and all sorts haha. But yes, I know all of what you said about the redbrick... But its so DIFFICULT. We have so many materials, but we have two. 8/ Just makes it a little difficult to create something that resembles a firestation with just those two bricks. I will go back to it (soon I think... got nothing to do tonight, trying not to sleep til later so I'm tired and can nap tomorrow before my long early train on saturday...) So I'll give it a shot. I just feel its gonna look like a normal garage 8/

2012-10-15_232840_3865278_lrg.jpg

To me, this is a Multi story carpark, rather then a firestation.. Its a DayZ Firestation, apparently...

Something like THIS however, I feel fits.

feuerwehrwache--3.jpg

And I would like to say I'm not commenting on the farms because I have no idea whats going on other then apparently we dont want lots, just one? Or thats what I'm getting. I have no idea. 

Also, I think Devon was talking about re-doing the animal farms. I do feel like they're now slightly too small, and they can escape somehow now... not entirely sure how they're doing it, but they all. Maybe too many in one area now that the horses are put over there too? Dunno. I think I'll go with the second design and try to change it up. Its basically what I was aiming for anyways...

i'm giving the go ahead for the firestation build, in the area next to the blacksmiths.

Barty, i'd like to ask you to oversee the project, would you be up for that?

as usual warehouse materials can be used for this project.