Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ferraro

Hi Friends

Hi Darren,

You banned me today for stealing diamonds from you, I know that but I dont know if you watched further and saw that dilly came over and took them while I was playing around. My intent was to mess around with them then put them back in the chest. I know that I shouldnt have even taken them but its not like I was going to use them for my self, I was just kinda bored and I was entertaining my self. Unfortunatly, when I was throwing them up in the air, dilly came over and took them then and said he was going to make a sword or something, I said no and that they were yours, Darrens, and that he could keep 1 if he hadent taken 1 already from the box.Then when I tried to follow him and get them back, my computer froze like it does on so many occasions, you might be able to see me doing something then logging out the back in for no reason. After that I couldnt get back onto Minecraft online for some reason.
I dont have a history of disobeying your rules and infact, I like a server with a good structure. I love your server and I dont think there are any other servers out there quite as good.

That is all I have to say, if you want to keep me banned, you can and if so you can have all my items, includes alot of diamond blocks.

Thank you for reading this,
Your good friend,
Andrew

Dear Andrew,
The fact the matter is that you still took the diamonds, you had no right to take them, in real life you wouldn’t take someone’s bank notes and throw it all up in the air and when it fly’s away say sorry I was just messing around I wanted to see what having lots of bank notes was like... Unless this is something you would do?

Those diamonds were placed there for the community and it clearly stated take one only. Let’s say you really were going to give them back to me? And for some bizarre reason you decided to take them in the first place... did you not think to message me on the forums when you could not get back on?

I have talked to dilly already on this matter however now you have told me a bit more I shall investigate further to see if what you said is true or not and piece together a picture of what happened then.

You say you have never disobeyed the rules? If I recall correctly you built 2 mushroom houses on hills in highland for which you were jailed for. You also called a member of my staff a poop head and also have used another word to a member of staff that I won’t repeat here for being so foul.

As I said I shall investigate this matter further but at this current moment in time this ban still remains in place.

Regards,
Darren

You are right Darren, the first thing I shouldve done is notified someone about Dilly but it just didnt occur to me. That couldve resolved this whole thing. Also, I was going to give the diamonds back to you, they were no use to me since the ark chests were all locked. It is also not in my character to steal things, I dont know what being a boy scout means where you are but in America it is a symbol of character.

I do remember those stupid mushroom houses, that was dumb of me to make those, Im still not sure what prompted me to make those. Also I called someone a "poop head", I did not realize that in the UK it is offencive, in America thats like a 2nd grader calling you dumb, it was a cultural misunderstanding, I appolagize to whoever that was. (Marbles? Jackel?)

You mentioned I said another "foul" word, I dont remember the incident, could you inform me?

You gave a real life metafore so I will share one too. If we were good friends in real life and I was at your house and broke something, what would you do? Would you not let me in your house again? I know that your too smart to throw away a good friendship, and I do believe we are friends. In this case, I would repay you for the damage and we would forgive and forget. I know if you broke something in my house I would forgive you.

The point of this appeal is to ask forgiveness and to mend this broken bond between fellow minecrafters just because of a mistake on my part. If that means repaying you multiple times it would be a pautry fine compared to the regret that would come with banishment from YAMS.

Thank you for your limited time,
Your friend,
Andrew

Hello,

First of all as I feel the need to mention this, you sign off saying “Your good friend Andrew”; now while we are all in some terms friends on YAMS, after all we are a family friendly server and one of our aims is to have a peaceful environment in which you can make friends. I don’t believe we are good friends. Your term “good friend” may have been used in a cultural difference, after all various cultures have different meanings and degrees of friendships but I’m sorry to say I don’t consider you a good friend even if you do me.

Anyhow down to business. I have just seen that you have sent me a pm. You are right you don't want to rush my decision and yes I haven’t replied to your unban request in a while, replying quick as you so ask isn't going to make me go faster either. I have been evaluating it over the past week and I believe to have come to a decision.

Unban requests can sometimes be tricky, multiple people want different outcomes. The person requesting the unban of course wants to be unbanned while the person who banned the person in question probably doesn’t and then there’s the community and rest of staff, what would they feel like if the user in question was unbanned?

For this reason we strive our best to be as consistent as possible when banning someone, we can’t go ahead and ban someone for one thing and then not ban the next person who does it. When banning someone we try and take everything into account such as did they really mean too, did they know what they did, were they sorry at the time of being questioned, would they do it again, what made them do it, do they have past misbehaving’s.

There’s clearly people that we ban on the spot, coming on and griefing/ swearing would get someone most likely an immediate ban, but in your case things are somewhat more complicated so I had to take my time to evaluate every aspect of what you did.

As you I’m sure you are more than aware, our policy is “If you've been banned we had good reason to do so and we will not unban you” for this reason my decision is to deny your unban request. You knew what you were doing, regardless of if someone else picked up the diamonds or not you should not have touched them, just because we were moving it didn’t give you the right to come along and mess around with them. Had this been your first mistake, my decision may have been different but we shall never know.

I’m sure anything you did for others is appreciated, however it’s time to say goodbye. I hope you find a server just like ours if not better, it’s a big world and we are not the only ones!

Thank you.

Regards,
Darren