Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
madrad

Build Challenge #3 - Egypt [OFFICIAL]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]TO THE YAMS HISTORICAL SOCIETY STOP[/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]RESULT OF RECENT EXAMINATION OF THE PERIVALE PYRAMID STOP[/font]
[font=courier new, courier, monospace]WE COULD NOT GET IN STOP[/font]
[font=courier new, courier, monospace]HANGING UP OUR TOOLS UNTIL WE CAN FIND A NEW ARCHIALOGICAL FIND STOP[/font]
[font=courier new, courier, monospace]ALL HERE UPSET STOP[/font]
[font=courier new, courier, monospace]HOW ARE YOU STOP[/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]STEVE CARTER HEAD OF YAMS HISTORICAL SOCIETY EXPLORATION TEAM STOP[/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace][hr][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have to say after recieving this telegram from Steve last night i felt a little bad for the Historical Society. Luckly though one of the scientists has discovered that there will be another portal opening. This one is expected not to be a portal to another world but to another time.[/font]

This challenge will open around Midday (GMT) on Saturday 16th June and will be open for 2 weeks

The main build we will be looking at creating will be a Giant pyramid.

A couple other things that would be nice around the place would be a sand quarry and maybe an oasis

I wana help with traps on the inside of the pyramid, me like BOOM!!
Also when is the update relative to this? Maybee new features will aid in development?

:Miyham

If we go back to the past and make a quary won't That mean a sand quarry will be in our current time but if we go to the future then It will be in that state for the time our present reaches it :S
My Flux copasitor may also break So will we be able to get back to the future?

A, No tnt as it will destroy what people have made

B. As time passes wind will blow and cover up what we have made here...maybe thousands of years in the future people may find it and wonder what type of people would build such a thing... and how

[quote name='MadRAD' timestamp='1338761748' post='12600']
A, No tnt as it will destroy what people have made

B. As time passes wind will blow and cover up what we have made here...maybe thousands of years in the future people may find it and wonder what type of people would build such a thing... and how
[/quote]

Can I make traps that suffocate or shoot arrows, or can I only make one that just traps a player? It would add a realistic element to feature visitors.

Miyham

[quote name='Miyham' timestamp='1338698743' post='12563']
I wana help with traps on the inside of the pyramid, me like BOOM!!
Also when is the update relative to this? Maybee new features will aid in development?

:Miyham
[/quote]
We are expecting 1.3 around Possibly August and YAMS will update 1-3 weeks after that

In that video i would love to see them cats (I donno what they are called), Pyramids and that giant mansion/building, that looked incredible, but the problem is there was so may of them and so little of us. If we worked hard enough to get something that that done that would be amazing :D

As soon as i heared the intro music i knew it was going to be amazing As fyre UK do an excellent Job
There are two main people and around 20-40 others who help
And you mean the sphynx or the Tomb Gaurds

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/301/3/b/egypt_town_in_minecraft_by_yahmos-d4e6uh5.png[/img]
I quite like this image but it seems quite small, more like a town

One thing to bear in mind is that the pictures that we can see of the egyptian ruins are just that, ruins, we need to imagine what they'd've looked looked like when they were finished.

I'm interested to see how this will turn out, I'll try to gather as much sand as I can without making the mining world look like this,

[url="http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/2193-please-respect-the-mining-world-environment/"]http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/2193-please-respect-the-mining-world-environment/[/url]

If we are spawning in a desert biome then sand won't be much of a problem as we'll probably get tonnes from digging out the tombs.

One thing to remember though, secure the portal when we're done. Doors open from both sides...

I want to see a giant statue of Darren like the one outside the Cathedral in YAMS but as a Pharaoh. With a scepter (or ankh), headdress, and an Egyptian chin beard thing.