Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
madrad

Big Build Project #1 - University of YAMS [OFFICIAL]

Ok has madrad still hasent posted these designs... someone throw cakes at him! We are going to just have to go ahead and see what we can come up with, better than doing nothing as I know a lot of people want to build... we have been doing clearing for too long now... anyone who wants to help meet me at the uni site now for an hour or so.

Ok its been a bit but here were the design ideas for the admin block that I thought of (beware they are not brilliant but they do kinda show my general thoughts :) )

1st - Outside as I was thinking of a nice open door and maybe a clock tower on top.

[attachment=462:2012-08-07_23.02.16.gif]

B & Charlie. Inside I was thinking inside a large open area with offices around and on the second floor. In the center I was thinking a circular reception desk using upsidedown stairs. Also using Clay blocks for the floor. :)

[attachment=463:2012-08-07_23.04.27.gif]

[attachment=464:2012-08-07_23.04.37.gif]

@Rob - As you did not post your design (I did keep asking) me and others all made various designs and voted between us bashing out ideas on the other things that the administration building needed. I left a signboard up with some of features it will have. The idea is to have receipton on one side (not middle) with stairs behind reception area going down to the student records. On the other side there will be a searing area and stairs going up to the second level where offices and such will be located.

So as most of you have seen we now have the main walls of the administration building went up yesterday, thanks to everyone that helped. We still need lots of dark grey wool for the floors! Please help collect and help lay the floor both ground and first floor! :)

Next up, I need someone to design the inside of the cafeteria (room with black and white tiles) then after that need seating designs for just outside it. probbaly go with fences + preasure plates or upright pitons.

Also need to decided what to do with the litte room next to the reception, the open planned one, I left some signs saying student shop... if other have agreed then someone can do this! :)

What do the signs say, what for? In reply to the ones I left? As for designs well:

1. If people have agreed with my shop idea in the first room then let community do it! Anyone can do this. Just make it look like a shop make it good. Don't forget checkout.
2. Kitchen can just be made again no need to do designs before hand. Anyone can do this.
3. Tables and chair designs can be tested inside you may want to leave sign saying who's is who. There's not many table and chair designs in minecraft though so we will probably go with te usual.

Think that covers everything.

UPDATE:[list=1]
[*]OK no ones made the shop! :( Please can someone do this, ive left signs! :)
[*]Again no ones started kitchen/cafeteria :( again ive left signs! :)
[*]No ones made any table or chair designs! :'(
[*]Ive left notes to start reception.
[/list]
Darren is sad, no ones wants to build! :(

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1345313008' post='14857']
UPDATE:[list=1]
[*]OK no ones made the shop! :( Please can someone do this, ive left signs! :)
[*]Again no ones started kitchen/cafeteria :( again ive left signs! :)
[*]No ones made any table or chair designs! :'(
[*]Ive left notes to start reception.
[/list]
Darren is sad, no ones wants to build! :(
[/quote]

1. Shop done
2. kitchen/ cafe done
3. tables/chairs done
4. reception - [s]currently being discussed [/s] :D complete Edited by Nikki_Nutta

Thanks to everyone who took part, you were only supposed to test design the lounge area though... I did say " Tables and chair designs can be tested inside you may want to leave sign saying who's is who. There's not many table and chair designs in minecraft though so we will probably go with the usual."

I will need to change some stuff tomorrow, as we cant have carpet floor for a food court! ;) And I was only testing the flower bed location...

Ill let you know whats next soon!

Nice work on shop though! :)

Ok so following up from my previous late night post, here's what I have to say:
[list=1]
[*]Shop looks good. But maybe some signs or something somewhere. Also getitng rid of the glowstone and adding it into the ceiling. :) Also Ive added some rack shelves behind the counter.
[*]Just outside the shop theres some shelving, no idea what this is for. :S
[*]The reception desk has queues? I dont think Ive ever seen a college or uni or even school with queue lines! :S Id say keep it more open! :)
[*]Inside the reception office theres some shelves at the back, not really sure on the two types of wood being used. I see no books what so ever! Need some books! :) Again glowstone in ceiling, I've left you a patern to follow, very easy! :)
[*]Following round the room again I see more shelving, whats this for? Ive left a flower area under it, would flower areas be better?
[*]Right the cantine... think you have the wrong idea of what I wanted here! You have the students walking into the kitchen! Where theres seating? All of this black and white floor should be the kitchen area! :)
[*]I was only asking for seat ideas... not to build it but hey you started now, so carry on adding more seats! :) I have got rid of the fence devider and replaced floors, may change a little latter.
[*]Placed my trap doors back on the grass flower area, sorry. I used to use signs myself but that was before trapdoors cover the dirt! :P
[*]Im undecided on the other little area, like why is there s small sat and desk crammed behind the sofa! :S Also no reason why TV cant be pushed back one block and remove some trap doors! :) I think some of the space could be better used. :) Also torches can go, we will use glowstone latter.
[*]And finally whats this board all about! :S I really dont like it, sorry Nikki? Its not thge design I dont like but the fact that it blocks loads of view... its just there for no reason! :S
[*]Also what do you think about the walkway on floor? Yes or no? we can change colours latter if need be (I just randomly picked a colour)! Or I can put it back to grey?
[/list]

[list=1]
[*]signs added, shop complete

[*]Barty's idea for filling a gap

[*]queues gone :)

[*]shelves change, ceiling glowstone added (me and balpen to the nether for several trips) book cases added

[*]again barty
[*]kitchen more of kitchen now :D

[*]more seats still to be added

[*]only reason trapdoors got replaced was coz every time u change channel on tv the one behind would move. :P

[*]thinking on this area now.....

[*]was gonna be notice board with info for uni on. maybe another location. has been removed.
[*]walkways look good, maybe brighter colour - but thats just me :D
[/list]

Ok, ground floor looks complete (apart from corner room which Darren and Madrad are signed to do).

On the first floor is 4 designs of different desks we could use on this floor, can everyone please go and have a quick look when u get time and decide which u think looks best,
should we have a mixture or all the same??
or we could have groups of the same in small areas ( so each group of desk types could be different departments of the offices - eg enrollment, head desk for each subject offered at YAMS uni, etc etc.

we really need to get this floor sorted so we can move onto the next building/task.

Can i make a suggestion of arranging a night where most ppl can get online at same time, so we can get more building done. (i know everyone is different time zones and commitments) just a though to help move things along.

also we still need alot of Clay please. (so there will NEVER be nothing to do on YAMS coz we need loads :P)

Thanks
Nikki
^_^ Edited by Nikki_Nutta

I like the idea of all meeting at a certain time if available, maybe on Saturday. Since Sunday, people have church. Maybe like 12:00 EST which is 9:00 PST (where i live) and 17:00 BST. I hope this time works, if we do happen to meet all on one day. :) Good idea nikki.

The open planned office upstairs in the administration building can be started on! You will notice that there are 3 rooms upstairs; the plan is to have 2 for senior staff (such as the dean) and maybe the one in the middle as a staff room? Either that or meeting room. It’s quite big. What do you think?

I was originally going to have the dean/head upstairs inside the roof with a window overlooking the entrance but the location of the stairs just didn’t look right, so instead I will probably have a ladder somewhere go to the loft area inside the roof and we can have boiler rooms, pipes and what not.

Ok theres 3 rooms upstairs in the administration building that need doing, please start on this someone with others! :)[list]
[*]The chancellors office - Big boss!
[*]The dean of admissions office - Hes in charge of all admissions.
[*]The board room / meeting room. - Use this space properly and it will look really good. :)
[/list]
Once we have done this we can start on the circle plaza design. :)