Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

North West Corner Station [OFFICIAL]

We have made progress with the building of the NW Corner Station. A well and pier were added along with palm trees around the lake. A few stray palm trees were added too, near the walkways (2-3 trees). Finally, we added a house next to the well.

We still need more houses and other things that would fit into this oasis, arabian town. If you have ideas, please add onto what we have now :D

Ok, so i read this book called 3 cups of tea (good book btw) and this guy was climbing a mountain and got lost and wandered into a poor village in Pakistan. And when he went there, it was very cramped, so one room served the porpuse of 2, maybe 3. So ithink we could have houses like this maybe or even one or two room apartmets? Any thoughts?

Two houses have been added to the area. We will need more sandstone, sand, and leaves, because we are out at the station. Also, nams' and I started a watchtower (the one ryan built in test build world), so if you would like to finish it, make sure to check out the design :)

Come on guys lets see more stuff here, its looking good so far! :)

I added some more pathways the other day (you can build more), so no excuse not to have stuff now! ;)

Also dont forget you can test stuff out in the test build world, fugitive_jackel has build a nice library there, certainly worth getting people together and building things like this on the real project. So yeah though the test world is there to use, dont forget it still needs building in the normal world too! :D

I love the arabian oasis town idea, I think we could build some really cool plants for it and springs of water and beautiful building with sandstone and lapis!

Definitely would be glad to help out with this one :D

A library is in progress and needs finishing. Also, maybe a few more buildings too.

I love the arabian oasis town idea, I think we could build some really cool plants for it and springs of water and beautiful building with sandstone and lapis!

Definitely would be glad to help out with this one :D

Springs of water were look awesome with that lapis idea of yours. You can build maybe near the library :D

Nothing much has been going on at this community build :(

We have had a few helpers, but only 2 or 3 when personally asked to help. We need more people to help. It's a fun project :D

Captain_Marbles and I have started a city hall to the left of the library which needs furniture added to it. Also, if someone wants to add a desert style house by another house, they can do that too. We have lots of stuff still left to do here. So make sure to work on this if you have a chance. (we need sandstone for buildings because we are out right now)

Also, make sure to participate in other projects such as Halloween Town. :)

Thank you to everybody who has been helping out in the Northwest Corner Station! :D

A city hall has been built and furnished. Also, a pyramid has been built which is still a work on progress.

If anyone would like a job, we need lots of sandstone because we are low on sandstone after building the pyramid and city hall.

Once again, thank you all for helping! Keep up the good work!!!! :)

If you have any other ideas, you can build them in the test build world (if you know where it is) or tell me some ideas here.

Opposite where I built a house (follow the wooden path forward and don't go under the stone bridge into the oasis) there is a open space , quite big, could make it bigger, anyway what could go there?

Opposite where I built a house (follow the wooden path forward and don't go under the stone bridge into the oasis) there is a open space , quite big, could make it bigger, anyway what could go there?

We could find something to go there! We could make a little bigger, but we are trying to go with the terrain rather than changing it. :) Thanks for building the house also.

Thanks to all that have been donating! Keep the sandstone & sand coming!! Also, thanks for the help with the pyramid, fountain, market, and other houses. :)

Anybody have any other ideas? I was thinking about walls (possibly) like in the picture previously in the forums.

Also, if you find any unfurnished houses, they need to be furnished. So, if you want a job, you could help furnish the houses. :) Make sure they look cozy!

I actually live in desert irl :D

I like the idea of a hotel. We/You/Someone can build one possibly in the test build world (for ideas) if you know where it is. I was also thinking of having a small park in the area.

I know how you feel I have to use a iPhone, any who when I get back from school (6 hours for this post) I will be in the test world figuring something out :)