Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

North West Corner Station [OFFICIAL]

Let's try to get our ideas put into a physical form in the YAMS World! :D

Make sure to get your ideas made when you have time, so that we can add them to the desert town.

Also, another idea :P (I will add it this weekend to place and with any others that want to help)....I was thinking about a giant creeper face made of sandstone in the side of a mountain :)

We can also get the "mine" started up, along with the castle and/or temple, and possibly hotel and walls.

Make sure to check out the area!

The NorthWest Corner Station is almost complete!!! :D

Thank you to everybody who helped out build houses, markets, library, city hall, temples, etc.

Does anyone have any last suggestions/ideas for the town? Make sure to check it out because we may already have the idea or something similar.

ive looked around a bit for test build world that suckers hard got a stop watch today going to time it in the forum darren mentioned 1:45 from spawn tower :(

This doesn't seem to fit into the NW Corner Topic. Also, the North West Corner Station is 100% complete because there were no more suggestions from the community.

Could you please at punctuation to some of your posts please, because I do not understand what you are stating in the post above...thanks :)

I would be glad to help with any problem.

This doesn't seem to fit into the NW Corner Topic. Also, the North West Corner Station is 100% complete because there were no more suggestions from the community.

Could you please at punctuation to some of your posts please, because I do not understand what you are stating in the post above...thanks :)

I would be glad to help with any problem.

I shall come and take a look.... you don't get to say 100% complete! How about 99.9% complete? :P If I find anything I don't like or think can be improved I'll let you all know! :P

Ok here's my 1st report on what needs doing:

1. Theres random torches around.
  2. Theres chests and furnaces with resources still in them there, if dont need, take back to public warehouse!
  3. Theres a path that just seems to end near the temple, is this right? I guess so looks like the sand has covered it? if thats the case then maybe break it up a bit more by having different bits of the path sand and others wood, so it looks more realistic then suddenly ending, I've done what I think looks ok so you can see what I mean. Also some sand caved in so I have made it into a feature, take a look next to temple if dont like change!
  4. Random torches in temple, if needs some torches, place them well.
  5. What seem like random torches on the city hall floor, add them to the walls or put them on a fence post?
  6. Why is it called city hall? Its not a city, please rename to town hall.
  7. The pyramid has a sand floor, why not sandstone like the temple?
  8. Not sure why we have a wall? It connects up with the mountain which is fair enough but then just seems to end behinf the pyramid.... again if its suppose to look ruined at least make it so it doesnt just end but you see the wall every so often poking out of sand, like a proper ruin. If its supposed to carry on the continue it!
  9. Theres signs around that can go now.
  10. Need more palm trees around.
  11. Still space for more things/buildings, I think some of the features of the record centre and library (from test world) should be used.

Well that should keep you going... :D

Ok, if we're running with a desert/arabic theme here, how about using low buildings with subterranean connections? This could tie directly into the railline going underground for a bit. There are numerous places in the real world that exist partially or wholly underground (unusually in deserts) to protect people and gardens from the heat of the day. If you need example, you might look at Coober Pety Australia, Matmata Tunisia, Cappadocia Turkey, the Forestiere Underground Gardens in California, and various Navajo/Anasazi cliffside ruins in North America.

If you want I could build a small sunken market and garden space as an example, either in YAMS or in a creative world (although, I don't know how/where those are here).

Most of the NW Corner is finished just so you know. There is a partly submurged pyramid.  Also, we do already have an outdoor market, but we could add a small garden and one house or two.

Thanks for the ideas! I reccomend checking it out (on the corner of the north and west rails)

I've been there several times before. The numerous tunnels and large changes in elevation are what prompted the suggestion in the first place. Here are some random images/ideas I've played with over the last couple days, although they could be adapted to anything really:

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/overall_day.jpeg - surface structures minimized to emphasis the natural beauty of the desert

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/overall_night.jpeg

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/subterra_day.jpeg - not quite awnings, but similar idea

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/subterra_night.jpeg

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/garden_day.jpeg - four-square/persian garden layout (can't tell from image)

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/garden_night.jpeg

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/tunnel_day.jpeg - day/night show up, even in the underground tunnels, through clever skylights

http://www.pyreflos.com/minecraft/tunnel_night.jpeg

EDIT: links fixed

Edited by pyreflos

Most of the NW Corner is finished just so you know.

I don't agree on this... unless you and everyone else have done everything I said on my previous post on page 3 (bottom of the page)? Did you see this post? Has all of this been completed?

I want people to get involved and pyreflos is wanting too, so please let him. I don't see why we cant have an underground area like this if placed in the right place and done well with the gardens.

1. .Theres random torches around
  2. Theres chests and furnaces with resources still in them there, if dont need, take back to public warehouse!
  3. Theres a path that just seems to end near the temple, is this right? I guess so looks like the sand has covered it? if thats the case then maybe break it up a bit more by having different bits of the path sand and others wood, so it looks more realistic then suddenly ending, I've done what I think looks ok so you can see what I mean. Also some sand caved in so I have made it into a feature, take a look next to temple if dont like change!
  4. Random torches in temple, if needs some torches, place them well.
  5. What seem like random torches on the city hall floor, add them to the walls or put them on a fence post?
  6. Why is it called city hall? Its not a city, please rename to town hall.
  7. The pyramid has a sand floor, why not sandstone like the temple?
  8. Not sure why we have a wall? It connects up with the mountain which is fair enough but then just seems to end behinf the pyramid.... again if its suppose to look ruined at least make it so it doesnt just end but you see the wall every so often poking out of sand, like a proper ruin. If its supposed to carry on the continue it!
  9. Theres signs around that can go now.
  10. Need more palm trees around.
  11. Still space for more things/buildings, I think some of the features of the record centre and library (from test world) should be used

All of those #s have been finished as of now, and I am working on #8 and #10 currently. The community can help out with #11 and designing more desert buildings if they want to ;) #2 needs to be kept until #11 is finished.

Me and Devon had build a few houses for the NWCS. Hope there ok :)

We have done a few more houses, and Barty has helped aswell :)

*cough* and Lottie *cough* but yeah there is still room to add a lot more things

Thanks for helping build all the houses guys and gals!

I fixed up the walls towards the back by extending them a bit further to not look so random.

One spot that needs some buildings (not houses) is to the right of the town library and behind the small oudoor market with stands. That area needs 2-3 more buildings that are not houses, preferably buildings that are more specific.  If you have any ideas please post here and we can then build them this weekend in the NWCS! :)

If you haven't built that mine thing that I suggested, or even if u have :P, u could make them tunnels like what pyreflos suggested, sort of combining 2 ideas :)

Just checked back in the comments, wow why have these not been built yet!!! Tuna build yours and get people involve and pyreflos build yours too please and get community involved. :)

Think separate is better. :)