Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
darrenstraight

North West Corner Station [OFFICIAL]

I don't no if this is what your on about :P , but why don't we build somethings that people have done in the test_build world? :)

Check a few posts/pages back for tuna and pyreflos suggestions, not sure if they have built either of them in test world, but I know pyre posted images.

I don't no if this is what your on about :P , but why don't we build somethings that people have done in the test_build world? :)

We have built a lot of the ideas in the test world. Been waiting for some new designs to come, but haven't seen any new ones :P

I did find an area for the sand/sandstone quarry and just made a basic quarry pit which we can always change. I never added the tunnels because I got too tired and went to bed :P

My idea was in the test build :3 gonna get on it now!

Edit: just thought of something else! Maybe a warehouse as I am currently running around looking for sandstone..might go to mining world for a bit and get u some more :)

Ok we have a quary/mining area! :D

No offense tuna but yours was pretty bad, not sure if you the one who also did the slabs, it just didnt look nice! :(

Here's a pic, thanks goes to aoelos_ for adding me the crane and also thanks to seer for helping me on the paths around the houses as they needed redoing too.

20130310202403.png

Lol darren, that was my "test" one. I strongly disliked it too ;) My buildings, especially when im really tired, are really really bad looking. :P

I like this quarry a lot! Thanks for building it!

It was my 10min quarry; all testing on how it should look.

Result of Test: Failure   >.>

3 buildings have been decided to be placed near the library and outdoor market. There are many signs, so the location should be hard to miss (easy to find).

First building: Underground tunnels with gardens (located next to pyramid and behind library). I have started a very basic tunnel (needs walls to be sandstone and needs to be longer and larger, but I will get to that later). Feel free to work on the tunnels if you would like to. Make sure to check out pyroflo's post :) His/her post is about 1 page back.

Second building: A bazaar (Arab marketplace). It will be a fancier and indoor marketplace than the outdoor one across from the library.

Third building: A record archive. Aoe made a design of a record archive in the test build world, so if you know where the test build world is, make sure to check it out and possibly start the record archive. :)

Just a friendly reminder to all, while castaway event is fun please dont forget the existing normal world.

Have any of the above things been done yet? :)

Remember warp is /warp northwest

And also you can use materials from public build warehouse under spawn tower as long as you read the instructions and sign out items and don't use for your personal house! ;)

d8g4cnd24_h7 you liked my above post but haven't actually answered me... or anyone else for that matter!

The things d8 mentioned need doing ASAP!

Please can this project be wrapped up by the end of the month at the latest, 8 months is enough time!

Please don't let me mark this down as a failed project, thank you! :)

P.S. If you are unsure where to build the things, just ask!

Archives building has been started by aoe and I have tried (and seem to have failed) to build a Bazaar type building in the testbuild. Go see what you think :P

Looking good, maybe some more colour, wool floors in the shops for a start! :) Bazars have lots of colour in them! :)

I'll try and take care of some interior decorating in some houses since a couple are a tad on the empty side.

Thanks.

Thanks for all your hard work.

All the houses are decorated. Special thanks to lord_verigan and nams for helping me out with that :)

I hope to be online tomorrow afternoon possibly to help out since I will be gone from March 29 to April 5.

I've made good progress with the archives building at the moment, I still need to add more furnishings, a little exterior detail and the vault, but I go on holiday tomorrow so I won't be able to work on it for a week! If anyone would like to add to the building feel free, i'll finish when I get back-which will be on the 6th! And if I don't see you online before I go have a great week! :)

Work has progressed since my last post above. Nearly done now... I hope?

I know we still need to finish of the subterranean tunnels, I have some idea for the other big chamber, will try do something this afternoon. Also I was hoping to link more of the tunnels up with other areas. I made a hidden piston door to one house.

One thing I notice the lack of though, is fun.... why would I want to visit the Oasis? Sure there's there's the sights and I can sit on the oasis lake and fish, but that's about it. There's no mini games! Nothing to entice me to visit the Oasis again and again, even more so with others!

So as one last thing, we need some sort of game people can play.

Also as a close to the whole project, we need to celebrate it with some sort of event. Get thinking on both the game and event we can do and post your suggestions below.

Thanks.

For the minigame I was thinking about doing something similar to spleef.  We could have an empty room with sandstone on the ceiling. Above the sandstone, there is enought sand to fill the room from top to bottom. Players would break the sandstone on the ceiling to try and squish the other player with sand :P

OR

We have an "obstacle course" where you jump from one piece of sandstone to another and the sandstone is surrounded with lava :)

I think spleef would be good.. and was thinking about a parkour. On the old map we had a sand parkour in one of the towns, wouldn't mind seeing something like that again? :)

Edit: Just seen what Darren put.. :P

Edit 2: 500 posts! :O Woooo! :D

For the minigame I was thinking about doing something similar to spleef.  We could have an empty room with sandstone on the ceiling. Above the sandstone, there is enought sand to fill the room from top to bottom. Players would break the sandstone on the ceiling to try and squish the other player with sand :P

OR

We have an "obstacle course" where you jump from one piece of sandstone to another and the sandstone is surrounded with lava :)

Where would these go? I was going to include normal spleef into the thing Im making as a 2nd game, 2 in 1. :)

I think spleef would be good.. and was thinking about a parkour. On the old map we had a sand parkour in one of the towns, wouldn't mind seeing something like that again? :)

Edit: Just seen what Darren put.. :P

Any ideas where it would go? And which one are you talking about, do you mean beachside or? :S