Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Holly Quinn Blackler

Hey everyone, I'm Holly. :)

I'm Holly, I'm from New Zealand, I've been playing Minecraft for less than 6 months but it's highly addictive.

I'm absolutely in love with Batman comics and just Batman in general, the games, the movies, everything. Also Nightwing, Flash, Black Canary and Green Arrow to name a few.

I'm about to head to University, and am currently looking for something to procrastinate with - AKA, an awesome Minecraft server. :P

Please whitelist me if you want. Thanks!

My username is "apiata". Edited by Jashinist

Hi Holly! Before you are whitelisted, could you tell a bit about yourself in Minecraft? Such as your favorite block, and what you like to do in the game. You already answered the question about what you do outside of minecraft. :D
Hope to see you on the server soon! :)

Hi
Welcome to YAMS,
[size=4][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]While you are waiting to be whitelisted could you please read through both the server and forum rules.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]sev[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]er rules [url="http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/991-server-rules/"][color=#0f72da]here[/color][/url], and the [/font][/color][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]forums rules [/font][/color][url="http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/992-forum-rules/"][color=#0f72da]here[/color][/url][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. [/font][/color][/font][/color]
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]look forward to seeing you in game.[/font][/color][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nikki_Nutta[/font][/color][/font][/color][/size]

I read the rules throughout the whole tower last night (was the only one online; I guess that's due to being in a weird timezone).

I started making my house. It's a bit silly so far, but it'll work out, I'm sure. I started cutting down trees and such, making sure to get all the leaves and replanting as soon as it was possible due to sapling drops.

I really like emerald, just because it's such a treat to find it since it's normally on it's own. I guess that's a cliche answer though since it's super rare. :P

In the game, I like to explore and tempt fate by going outside. In one of my single-player worlds, I have a house in the side of a mountain which has two major mines in it, and directly in front of my house I have a small island a little bit offshore where I have a "greenhouse" to grow plants. I'm hoping to get a few chickens in there at some point.

I don't really know what else to say. Also, I updated my profile to be more personalised and detailed, to fit in with the "friendly" requirement. :P Edited by Jashinist

Hello Holly,

Thanks for visiting us, I see you managed to sneak in while whitelist was off for a bit! :) Whitelist seemed to had reenabled it's self but as a reload on the whitelist was not done, that is all new people added who snuck in while it was off, you could not get in. This has been fixed now and you should be able to get on. :)

Thanks for updating your profile and telling us a bit more about yourself, only thing I ask is that you change your display name to "apiata" so things tie in with it. Will this be a problem? I will make the change my end. Your login name will still be the same, unless you want that changed to "apiata" too?

Thanks,
Darren

Ohhh, right! Okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I wondered how I got in in the first place, hahaha. Rest assured I followed the rules nicely. :P

And sure, changing the name is fine. You're the one who does that, right? Or do I? Sorry, I use "Jashinist" for practically everything else. It's fine. :)

I know this isn't the right place to say this, but I logged on just now to build the rest of my sandbox house, looked across to the house next to mine, and there's fully a creeper in the top level. It's nicely lit so this doesn't really make sense, but I swear it's there. I have a screen shot. It's moving around and everything. Is this like, supposed to happen orr?
[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/199117_4025549549796_1902203742_n.jpg[/img]

((also, I accidentally broke an area by the trees because of unexpected spider attack, but I fixed it ASAP. Is it alright to like, accidentally do small damage if in a fight, as long as you fix it as soon as possible? I didn't mean to...)) Edited by Jashinist

Hi

As i didnt see you when you came on 'Welcome to YAMS' :)

Its nice to see another DC fan on the server. Do you collect the comics & if so how long for? :)

As for the creeper it is not a mod. It could be a glitch but sometimes they do just pop up out of no where but thankfully creepers on yams (im the normal world) do not explode so no need to worry :)

As for the breakage, so long as you fixed it it should be ok :)

[quote name='BartyJnr' timestamp='1346151679' post='15152']
I get the odd creeper in my castle, and it's lite with glowstone and torches lol.
[/quote]

*Topic hijacker* I have a question about your castle, I do keep wondering! Whats with the obsidian floor/ceiling? :S

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1346154350' post='15156']
*Topic hijacker* I have a question about your castle, I do keep wondering! Whats with the obsidian floor/ceiling? :S
[/quote]

I would have thought that would be obvious... to stop from the random creepers damaging things...

[quote name='MadRAD' timestamp='1346155287' post='15159']
I would have thought that would be obvious... to stop from the random creepers damaging things...
[/quote]

In the normal world? :S And creepers are smart... "Obsidian... haha sssssssss... let me just walk round that...ssssss..... BOOOOM!"

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1346155705' post='15161']

In the normal world? :S And creepers are smart... "Obsidian... haha sssssssss... let me just walk round that...ssssss..... BOOOOM!"
[/quote]

Erm, I think it was when I broke the glass part, went to replace, scrolled and put the wrong block, had nothing to get rid of it with then it's just ended up there >_>