Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Calum841

Farming Techniques [SUGGESTION]

I saw this on a friend's server that I play on. He put lily pads on the water in wheat and sugar cane farms. The crops don't fall into the water and you can walk on them. I thought we could implement this in the sandbox farms and others to make things more productive.

Sounds interesting but I dont think it would stay like that for long in sandbox and be replaced... lets be honest not all players keep the farms tidy and not all staff help sort the farms even though its on your daily job list! ;) I found the following in the main 4x sandbox farm chests (stairs of all sorts / glass / minecarts / cobblestone / dirt / random items / sand /gravel and loads more) and its not like these items were left there the day before, I checked over a week ago and some of this stuff was in there (I left it in there to test out who would actually remove) a week latter and more random stuff was in there.... This time I did it myself! :P

Anyway sorry about little rant but I dont think having it in sandbox is good idea (other towns can try), I can just see them picked straight away, considering how many people already pick normal world lilly pads! >.< Unless someone can garuntee they would be there at all times? (without protection).

Some other towns like snowheim and perivale etc have slabs over the water, I choose not to this for sandbox as I was keeping things simple and it looked a little cluterd with extra slabs. Personally its not a big deal walking through water but thats me! :P

wow that so cool. now we don't have to get in the water if we are getting seeds or food that fall in :lol: i have one question though, if you plant melon will the melon grow on the lily pads? Edited by ryanboys3

[quote name='ryanboys3' timestamp='1346690094' post='15321']
wow that so cool. now we don't have to get in the water if we are getting seeds or food that fall in :lol: i have one question though, if you plant melon will the melon grow on the lily pads?
[/quote]

Melon blocks cannot grow on lily pads. They only grow on dirt. :)