Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Elite_Panda

Un-ban Request

Darren,

I just want to let you know that I have definitely had an amazing time on your server back in December 2010 to March 2011. I regarded you highly and treated you as a friend. Thank you for providing an amazing Minecraft experience. I understand that things have changed dramatically ever since I left. I know that I have done wrong numerous times. Last year, I logged onto your server after a long minecraft hiatus and started on a city project without your approval because I didn't take enough time to read the new rules and policies. Also, last March I invited some of my server friends to your server after our server went down. I understand that newcomers are suppose to go through a tour process... I interfered too much and lead my friends to Mt. Mercenary and my house. Also I am aware that some of my friends demonstrated inappropriate behavior. I will take full blame.

I admit my flaws and crimes. However, I didn't have bad intentions when I came on Yams. Ever since I joined, I did my best to contribute to Yams. I created Mt. Mercenary and helped cothran, owner of Highland Cliffs, with projects. I helped other players to finish their projects including you by donating lots of resources. I tried to make a city on your server without permission. Again, I didn't mean harm... I was just impatient and ignorant. I bought some friends over to your server because I thought they would enjoy the friendly environment here and the community would enjoy their company. I was wrong. Although I caused you and the staffs a lot of trouble, my intentions were good.

Yesterday, I came on Yams after a very stressful week of midterm college exams. I studied for 3-5 hours and went to class for 4-5 hours daily. I came on Yams to relax. Previously I have been looking for a suitable family friendly server for quite a long time, but I failed to find one. So I decided to attempt relive new Yams experience. I logged on, reread your rules carefully, and built a house in the sandbox. I was hoping to get an approval and join a town. Today I log on and find myself banned.

"You have been permanently banned. Reason: Broke the rules before, wasn't banned as said not coming back. Keeps coming back....."

Didn't realize the hostility between us... I logged on yesterday when you were on. You could have told me that I wasn't welcomed to your server anymore. I would have understood... and promptly left and delete your server IP from my multiplayer list. I do remember saying that I was not coming back after my plans for making a city got denied. My emotion overcame logic and reasoning back then. I was so mad because I spent 6-7 hours working on my new city and found out that plan was denied. What I said back then was not frank.

In conclusion, I deserve to be banned. Not only because of my previous crimes and ignorance, but also because of my horrid reputation to your community. I am sorry for coming back to your server... I didn't realized that my presence harmed the community. I just want to remind you that what I did before came from good heart. I tried to give and contribute to the community and I failed. However, it's the effort and thought that counts. In return, may you please un-ban me from your server. Your global ban has been imprinted on my ban record. I beg for leniency. I will promise not to return to your server if I am still unwelcome (Please tell me if I am or not).

Best regards,
Elite_Panda

P.S
I would also like to apologize to madrad for being rude to him last year after finding out that my city needed to get approval. I want to thank him for taking care of Highland Cliff and Mt. Mercenary.

Hello Jerry,

YAMS didn’t actually go public until January 2011 and you didn’t join straight away... but I'll let you off this simple mistake.

Glad you enjoyed your time and yes it was unfortunate that you decided to break the rules like this.

You were originally not banned last year for a few reasons, one of them being the fact that you had previously helped the community and I didnt want to give you a bad record. Instead I decided to unwhitelist you as you had said you would not be returning.

You tried a few times to get on and was unsuccessful, however you got on while whitelist was off. I didnt appreciate this, but you soon left. Again I unwhitelisted you.

Again you return, after saying you would not be coming back. You say I said nothing? Well neither did you, maybe you could have messaged me and checked whether it would be ok to come back now.

I am fully aware of what you have done in the past for us and I appreciate that, but it's time to move on. You’re ban will remain in place, I can however confirm you do not have a global ban so your reputation is unharmed. I cant say the same for the other 3 bans you have from other servers though.

Darren

Darren,

I agree that it is time to move on. Even though we had some conflict between between each other, I still regard you as an exceptional admin. Keep up the great work and thank you for understanding.

Farewell,
Elite_Panda