Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

06/10/2012 - New Test Build World Open!

Hello everyone,

Nearly a year ago (9th of October 2011) we opened up the test area in the old world ([url="http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/1090-09102011-new-test-build-area-open/"]see post here[/url]), I had high hopes for this place but even after I removed the 1x diamond fee shortly after it opened, it never really kicked off. I have various thoughts on why it didn’t work, however that’s not what I'm here to talk about today.

I'm here today to announce that we are yet again giving another go at this, this time however it will be a separate world called the “test build world” which has mystical powers!

This place has been setup to allow people to show their ideas and designs to others of things that could be included in the normal world or that could be included in existing projects, so for example: You could use it to help you build designs for the University, North West corner town or Halloween area.

Ok so I guess I should tell you how to get here? Well I would love to but I forgot where the entrance to it was… I remember going to tell someone where the entrance was then all I remember is this bright light, I’m wondering if my memory got wiped because I told someone, not absolutely sure though so if you do find it best not tell or hint to anyone how to get there…

Ohh I do have this photograph though, maybe the entrance is somewhere in it? I’ll let you go and investigate.

EDIT: Photo may take a while to load below... :)

20121006111615.png

[quote name='Lord_Verigan' timestamp='1349547022' post='16193']
Darn, I think we were just trolled by darren! :P
[/quote]

1. I'm not trolling anyone.
2. There is an entrance somewhere!
3. Dont read too much into the bright light story...
4. USe my photograph as a guide and scout out the area.

Btw,sorry if it looked like i was trolling, i am just trying to help and was too busy today to explore. So come on guys, show us some YAMS spirit and find this. Darren says there is a whole other world! Isn't just that enought o motivate you guys?

[quote name='changingtuna88' timestamp='1349570988' post='16197']
Btw,sorry if it looked like i was trolling, i am just trying to help and was too busy today to explore. So come on guys, show us some YAMS spirit and find this. Darren says there is a whole other world! Isn't just that enought o motivate you guys?
[/quote]
i have acutally found it already :):)

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1349555638' post='16195']
1. I'm not trolling anyone.
2. There is an entrance somewhere!
3. Dont read too much into the bright light story...
4. USe my photograph as a guide and scout out the area.
[/quote]

I didn't mean to say that it didn't exist, I was talking about the "memory loss". I just liked the little joke in there, but I worded it kinda wrong.

[quote name='BartyJnr' timestamp='1351012857' post='16495']
I hope In not missing something really obvious and that's always been there, but you can't get ON the balloons, can you?
[/quote]

No you cant hence saying its not there in case someone decided to climb up... but as you know.. the ballons can see the entrance to the test world.