Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

YAMS Halloween themed area [OFFICIAL]

Hello,

As you may or may not know, depending on how new you are. I recently set up an area in YAMS so we could build a Halloween area for YAMS (rides and events and such) however this area wasnt finished in time, which [url="http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/2769-01102011-yams-halloween-2012/"]as I said here[/url] is quite a shame, especially as I even made sure we could update to Minecraft 1.4.2 on that day so we could have added the final details...

Anyway this area I reserved for Halloween is quite big and I really would like it if we could finish the area off, if we get it finished off properly I promise you all a few games of Mob Arena (kill mobs for prizes) and also a trip to "the end" to fight the ender dragon...

So I have created this separate topic so we can keep the discussions flowing of what needs finishing off in this place.

Heres the first list of things that need finishing, if possible in this order and working together as youll get them ticked of faster, remember not everyone is on forums too, so always ask around:[list]
[*]The mansion (upstairs rooms) then after that the roofing but that will take a while. Steerpikesister knows what I want and signs will be left about what goes in each room
[*]The water ride - Ryanfenton and Captain_marbles were working on this, speak to them if you want to help.
[*]Sky_ladys adventure - Can someone help her with this? I guess she will still need lots of red wool.
[*]Wooden rollercoaster ride which is supposed to be around the water ride area, I did the station but the rest cant be done until the water ride is done.
[*]Ferris wheel, both threeweeds4321 and BartyJnr have designs for this, speak to them about it, I can allocate an area once you are ready...
[*]Ghost train, this will be started once all other things are done.
[*]Other mini games and detail and such, I know of a few that people want to build, these can be done as needed, just post here and I can allocatae areas/approve etc.
[/list]
Ok well thats a start, good luck!

Thanks,
Darren

P.S. You can find the area on the way to maplehold just through a tunnel on your left.

I had an idea that maybe for a mini-game we could have an archery course with wool blocks as targets. You shoot a specific color of wool and win a small prize. Like for example you shoot a blue block and you win a stone sword or other prizes like that.
Hope this helps a little
Sean

[quote name='threeweeds4321' timestamp='1352053432' post='16755']
I had an idea that maybe for a mini-game we could have an archery course with wool blocks as targets. You shoot a specific color of wool and win a small prize. Like for example you shoot a blue block and you win a stone sword or other prizes like that.
Hope this helps a little
Sean
[/quote]

We did have something like this in the old world, but was only blocks on pistons and no prizes :P
We could probably make a better one this time around :D

[quote name='threeweeds4321' timestamp='1352079293' post='16766']
I finished the archery course in the test world and left a few bows and arrows for other to try, pretty simple, just stand behind the fence and shoot, the open the gate and look at which color you arrow hit.
[/quote]

And what of the ferris wheel? What's happening about that, think we need to get the stuff done I said above first.

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1352099199' post='16768']
And what of the ferris wheel? What's happening about that, think we need to get the stuff done I said above first.
[/quote]
Not sure,
I know it will need a lot of wool in assorted colors as well as torches to get the frame. I can donate light green dye if needed. I don't know about Barty's design so I can only speak for mine.

[quote name='threeweeds4321' timestamp='1352128372' post='16776']

Not sure,
I know it will need a lot of wool in assorted colors as well as torches to get the frame. I can donate light green dye if needed. I don't know about Barty's design so I can only speak for mine.
[/quote]

Barty posted her design in the previous topic and yours is in the testing world, please discuss between you two and get it built with others! :)

[quote name='BartyJnr' timestamp='1352131981' post='16779']
Mines a pretty perfect circle, so I'm sure that we can make that circle then sort out a design for the bits to stand in? Pod things... If there's a space, we could do the two giant circles and go from there?
[/quote]
I saw the pics you posted (thanks Darren for directing me to them) and quite like yours. I prefer the circle over mine and the glass cars look cool. I think we should go with your idea. :)

[quote name='threeweeds4321' timestamp='1352134158' post='16782']
I saw the pics you posted (thanks Darren for directing me to them) and quite like yours. I prefer the circle over mine and the glass cars look cool. I think we should go with your idea. :)
[/quote]

Ok, cool, so we can make the circles and then people can come help make them look pretty! haha.

[quote name='d8g4cnd24_h7' timestamp='1352074334' post='16765']
Well you can start helping by thinking of designs and such rather than waiting for someone to tell you to help :)
Be proactive and work hard! :D
[/quote]
Alright, I might have a couple ideas but first I am going to take a look at the Halloween area.

[quote name='SteerpikeSister' timestamp='1353844196' post='17209']
not sure what's going on with this- what still needs doing? does anyone need materials that we could be gathering in preparation?
[/quote]

I thought I heard something about building a Ghost Train and Ferris Wheel, so probably we will need wool of some color and fences and whatever goes into a ghost train.

[quote name='BartyJnr' timestamp='1353857814' post='17212']
I'm STILL waiting to be allocated a area to set up a Ferris wheel >_<
[/quote]

Yes I know... but:

1. I've been very busy doing jobs that to be quite honest others could have done for me as I've explained before I'm always bogged down in other things.
2. I did say in regards to the list of things that needed doing "if possible in this order and working together as youll get them ticked of faster", I'm pretty sure some of the stuff above the Ferris wheel still needed finishing off... last time I saw the wooden rollercoaster and water ride it still needed lots of detail added on it and themed more around them instead of them just being on a flat area. Could have a mountain in the middle of the place or something if there's enough space, not in game to check at the moment.
3. I did say "Ferris wheel, both threeweeds4321 and BartyJnr have designs for this, speak to them about it, I can allocate an area once you are ready..." you've discussed a little here but as far as I know... no ones said yes "we" are ready, we need x by x amount of space, I did ask people to give me sizes for areas they needed.
4. I've not been around this weekend.

So yes please dont say you are "still" waiting in caps. There's no need to shout. Maybe either you or threeweeds might like to tell me if you are ready? Though I guess you are it seems? Also I would need size...

Maybe you'd like to also help on the rest of the area? Have you helped on any of the other stuff? If so what did you help on?

One thing that did still need doiing not sure if done yet is that the rollercoaster and water ride need finishing,I know the main structure is done. I'm more thinking details, theres lots of space to theme the place more around it... maybe a mountain or hill in the middle? Not sure if it will fit (not in game) but it should do if the rides cut through the sides or the mountain maybe, just so place doesnt look all flat.
Also mossy and cracked brick on the water ride and other details and such around the area would be nice.

Thanks,
Darren

Ok area for the ferris wheel, go through the main entrance and as you come out of the skull turn right/south ---> at the end of that path you will see 2 gold blocks, build it there please. I will move forward backward etc for you latter as needed and yes I am aware of the snow, we will sort this latter. Thanks.

Can someone please build the ferris wheel? I asked about this ages ago and still not done! The areas been there waiting for ages. :( If materials are the problem, as long as you dont be silly and use say loads of diamond blocks or something! >.> then you can take from the spawn warehouse (bottom of spawn), there are instructions there on how to let us know what you are taking and for what.