Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

YAMS Halloween themed area [OFFICIAL]

Me and Nams came up with an idea for the carriages, they're made of stone brick and glass with a roof made of red wool. I had time to put in the first two carriages, but four more still need putting up on the two sides of the wheel. Materials and an example carriage are by the ferris wheel if anyone's interested! :D

So me and Luke (Aoelos) have finished the carriages :) I also added the thing blue things on the photo, don't no what there called :P Anyway hope you like it and do you think there is anything else we can add? :) Here is a picture of how it looks :D Also, it would be good to go see it for yourself :D

[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4205/ferriswheel2.png[/img]

From that angle in the photo it looks good though bit too much blue wool, but if you look at it properly your centre is a rectangle! :S

I'm changing that now by bring up the diagonal structuring up/down one block.

Also going to try and make it look less wooly… because the whole thing feels a little light and woolly! :P

But good job, now it’s my turn, also maybe I can use my admin tools and raise it so we can have a base to it… it just feels like its going to fall over as not connected to any base!

Ok I've spiced up the ferris wheel... thanks to everyone who gave me something to start with, be it in the test world, single player pics or even the one nams posted above, becuase even though much of the exsisting structure isnt there, it still gave me something to build on instead of scratching my head wondering where to start! Thanks! :)

[img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8786/20130126210740.png[/img]

IMPORTANT!

Ok as there's not been much interest in the Halloween area anymore, I'm cancelling for the time being what I wanted built (ghost train) as no point hoping for something when there's clearly no interest.

Other than that, is the Halloween area done?

• Trees all been placed on side of mountains?
  • All bonemealing been done? Ferns, flowers, grass etc.
  • Jack o lanterns around done?
  • Water stream on hill done?
  • Surrounding areas of mansion done?
  • SwanOfWar's build done? If not can someone finish, it's exactly what she built in test build world.
  • Sky Lady's sign board filled in at the start of her build (The mouth thing) with info? After it was griefed....
  • Seats / Maps / Tables / Bins etc around the place? 
  • Anything else to make the place themed and look like a finished place.

Get this all completed and as promised we will go and fight the ender dragon, it could even be this Saturday at 5pm GMT!

If you all hurry up that is... hint.... hint.... ;)

Ok as no one seems interested in replying to my above post and no one’s done anything, if there are no further discussions/happenings by this evening my time then sorry but the ender dragon fight will not happen, this of course includes travelling to the end.

I was hoping to get the event post out yesterday (I did say hurry up hint hint) but no one replied/did anything and it’s the same again today.

Making an event post tomorrow will be too late notice as we need to arrange resources and such so we can fight the ender dragon.

It seems everyone is more interested in castaway or some people may have the attitude of well I am not interested or can’t attend the ender dragon fight so why should I help? Well you should help because we are a community and as a community we help each other, you help me out and I’ll be sure to remember and help you out when you need it.

You should all know by now that I appreciate everyone’s time and effort, it’s just a shame something like this Halloween area has been pending since before Halloween when it could literally be finished in no time at all, just look at castaway and anyway it’s not like you even have to use your own resources.

Resources can be taken from the public build warehouse at the bottom of spawn for use in the Halloween area.

I will see what happens this afternoon/evening and make a decision whether we are going to the end of not, would be shame if we didn’t as I know there are people who do want to visit, some of which have already done their fair share of helping out in the Halloween area so you would be letting them down if we didn’t get this project completed.

Thanks,
Darren

IMPORTANT!

Ok as there's not been much interest in the Halloween area anymore, I'm cancelling for the time being what I wanted built (ghost train) as no point hoping for something when there's clearly no interest.

Other than that, is the Halloween area done?

• Trees all been placed on side of mountains? Done
  • All bonemealing been done? Ferns, flowers, grass etc. Done
  • Jack o lanterns around done? Done
  • Water stream on hill done? Done by Darren
  • Surrounding areas of mansion done?
  • SwanOfWar's build done? If not can someone finish, it's exactly what she built in test build world. Done
  • Sky Lady's sign board filled in at the start of her build (The mouth thing) with info? After it was griefed.... Done by Ryan
  • Seats / Maps / Tables / Bins etc around the place? Done
  • Anything else to make the place themed and look like a finished place.
Get this all completed and as promised we will go and fight the ender dragon, it could even be this Saturday at 5pm GMT!

If you all hurry up that is... hint.... hint.... ;)

Thanks to those of you that helped out at the Halloween, to those of you that didnt but could of easily helped! Shame on you! May you die a horrible death in Minecraft! :(

Theres still loads of potential for future projects here and it makes me sad that more wasnt done, but it's time to close this project as it's been ongoing for way too long, maybe next Halloween it can be used again!

We will be hosting some hide and seek and maybe some treasure events this weekend at the halloween area, we will announce them in game half an hour before they happen, so keep an eye on chat! :)

I will leave you with these 2 images:

20130321173727.png

20130321163805.png