Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

YAMS Coliseum Hosts Battle Arena [OFFICIAL]

Back in July of this year, YAMS had it's grand opening for the YAMS Coliseum v2 where [url="http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/2472-yams-coliseum-v2-grand-opening-july-2012-official/"]I invited everyone[/url] to come and play Mob Arena with me, killing mobs for prizes! :)

Now 4 months latter and we havent used the coliseum in a while, so I thought hey lets use it for something again after all I built it to host multiple events, just lack time to organise these things when I'm having to deal with bad players! :(

Anyway this time we are going to be playing Battle Arena, which is basically pvp fighting! Some of you will die... Some of you will survive... But you will all have fun! or at least I hope so. :)

If you would like to play, head on down to the main coliseum entrance archway just north of sandbox (on the way to snowheim) where you will find a sign board with further instructions.

Really hope you all enjoy the games, I've made it simple to play to start with and will add more options depending on how well it turns out.

Well good luck and thanks goes to steerpikesister for helping me yesterday finish the arena off + testing.

[b]EDIT:[/b] There are currently 2 bugs, one where your team wool hat may still appear on you after playing (I ask that you remove it please) and two that you cant join another game until you disconnect and reconnect.

[img]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7145/20121107180826.png[/img]

[quote name='12_zombies' timestamp='1352319139' post='16866']
can i use my optifine minecraft jar (yes i know its a mod) just asking because it doesn't add anything and it gives me a bit of extra fps
if not ok :)
[/quote]

Our policy is no mods simple as that, I will always say no to optifine if I'm directly asked, however I know quite a few people who use optifine to improve their performance and I havent told them off yet becuase I trust they wont use some of the features it has to gain unfair advantages over others... if that makes sense. I cant stop you but If I find people abusing the system, well you know what happens. Thats all Im saying.

[quote name='darrenstraight' timestamp='1352322257' post='16867']
Our policy is no mods simple as that, I will always say no to optifine if I'm directly asked, however I know quite a few people who use optifine to improve their performance and I havent told them off yet becuase I trust they wont use some of the features it has to gain unfair advantages over others... if that makes sense. I cant stop you but If I find people abusing the system, well you know what happens. Thats all Im saying.
[/quote]
ok i won't use the optifine i decided i will go with the lag lol just wanted to know because i play on my laptop alot more now....

[quote name='kcagnolatti' timestamp='1352504284' post='16892']
it took me a long time to get there because of the world not loading and when i finally got to pllay i froze and ddied and when i died the kill didnt register
[/quote]

Kills do not register, I've added this game for a bit of fun not so people can boast about having more kills then someone else, I just don't find that very community spirited.

Ahh yes....the craziest day ever :P I also think classes will be cool to add, like u dont know what people have choosen :P

I've already added classes that's what I said! ;) and you can see what people pick as you are all in same waiting room, though I am wondering about separating waiting rooms for teams, thing is it can work both ways... It can be good to see what others have so everyone can be fair while on the other hand it could be more interesting not seeing what other team picks but if you say to other team we only pick archers you won't be able to check they have not cheated!

Anyway have a go, archer is fun and so is monk!

Oh yeah me and lord had ago yesterday on the classes and fair to say I lost pretty much everyone, but it was fun :D although when lord had changed through everyone to see what you could have he got a sword on monk when your not surrposed to :S

As you may have noticed, the arena was enabled again, however I have currently disabled it again.

Here's a few things that cuase the server to crash while using it:

• You join an arena and so does someone else, when you're in the waiting room you decide to /arena leave only leaving one person in it.
  • People trying to join a queue while a game is already in progress.
  • People typing /arena leave becuase they could not join as says they already in a game.

When I get time, I will investigate it further out of YAMS and see if I can fix this, as it may just be something simple fix like dont have a waiting room or change some of our arena settings, or have a max ammount of players on a team instead of unlimited.

Ill let you know if and when I find a fix.

Just so you are all aware:

alkarinv commented

10 hours ago

Hey Darren, So this is now fixed as of BattleArena 3.8+.

Thanks to you I found the issue and was able to get rid of it :)

cheers and thanks!

As soon as this version has been uploaded, I'll test it out, hopefuly it will fix the crashing server problem! :)