Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
britishrcoming

Basketball arena [SUGGESTION]

I was thinking we could have a public Basketball arena? I used to have one in my house but i'm taking it down now. I have the necessary pictures of them, tips, and rules that we can put. If you say yes i can build it or send you the pictures, I was thinking one could be in each town and in spawn?

Edit - You play with wools marking half court, three point, foul line, and marking good bank shot areas. You play by throwing the ball onto the ground and whoever gets it has the ball first and trys to shoot. You can jump and press q to shoot, or just press q.

The ball is orange wool.

The basket is iron bars in placed circular.

omg everyone is downloading the images Edited by xXsiyrXx

[quote name='xXsiyrXx' timestamp='1356288753' post='17698']
would we use my design?
[/quote]

The sports hall will be a bit grander than your design, or at least I hope, no offence! :P

You also forgot the suggestion part to your title... ill add this in now!

This looks awesome! I am sure I along with many others will be using it a lot ;)

I've always wanted basketball by playing it where you can block shots and such, and now we finally can with the new update! Would be a great addition to the community!

Definitely backing this idea up! This looks awesome! One thing I wonder though is if we will have enough space for all of the redstone to make this work.

Yep I didn't realise there was lots of redstone, I saw a different video originally then the one I posted (see below).

We may not have the space for soreboards and such but surely we can do just the actually hoop and do the rest manually without all the fancy redstone.

I'll have a think, but first I think we should:

• Finish the oasis
  • Get a better start on uni, its there where near done.
  • Build ice rink in snowheim.
  • Start on the snowheim castle.
  • Build the Perivale pig race.
  • Build the Farefall maze.
  • Finish the maplehold mill if not already done.
  • Start on next maple hold project, loads of space on hills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjStOFL7Zw

Yep I didn't realise there was lots of redstone, I saw a different video originally then the one I posted (see below).

We may not have the space for soreboards and such but surely we can do just the actually hoop and do the rest manually without all the fancy redstone.

I'll have a think, but first I think we should:

• Finish the oasis
  • Get a better start on uni, its there where near done.
  • Build ice rink in snowheim.
  • Start on the snowheim castle.
  • Build the Perivale pig race.
  • Build the Farefall maze.
  • Finish the maplehold mill if not already done.
  • Start on next maple hold project, loads of space on hills.

Hoi! It isnt actually a drought of ongoing Works on the server, is it? :)  and thats a good thing :)

1. help, i messed up that quote, how do i fix it

Sounds like something we could add to the game zone in Spawn.  I like the idea, more minecraft games are always fun!

It is already planned to go in the YAMS Central Park in spawn town.

At least according to the earlier posts.

It is already planned to go in the YAMS Central Park in spawn town.

At least according to the earlier posts.

Yep it would replace the blocky game we have... though blocky is just like other hand ball games out there... and not sure if anyone's noticed but I changed the floor to have ice under the slabs! Makes the slime ball glide along! :D

But anyway it was just a thought, its not a 100% yet, as I said id like to see the other stuff finished first, and posted it here as somewhat a reminder to myself to look into it better.

Sign in to follow this