Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
knetknight

Knetknight

Hello, started playing Minecraft recently because my 9yo son was into it and I wanted to know what it was all about. Turns out we have a lot of fun doing MC together so I've started looking for family friendly SMP worlds where we could play and not be harassed by griefers.

So, I'm Knetknight and my son is MhostGhost and we would very much like to be part of your community. I'll probably help him build his first house (if that's allowed) and it will purposefully be somewhat similar in style to my own and then hopefully take up permanent residence in the same town once approved and then march on from there.

I've read the rules and believe I grasp them sufficiently to get started. Looks like I/we need to first build a demo house in the SB area, get approved, and then be responsible members of the community by only mining in the mining world... and cleaning up half-chopped trees when I come across them. (I am so with you on this, I hate coming across a floating tree with just the bottom blocks removed.)

And, yes, I'll have him register a separate forum account for his username if that's really needed. He's just 9 so I try to avoid him having to register anywhere he doesn't have to but I'm happy to make an exception here if you need me to.

Thank you kindly,

Knetknight

AKA Stephen from Kansas City :-)

Edited by knetknight

Hello and welcome to YAMS!

Thanks for telling us a bit about you and your son! We always like to know :) Also thanks for reading the rules, but you will need to read them again when you join the server :)

See you in game!

Nams  :)

P.S. I'm not sure if your son will have to do a forum account aswell. Sorry i couldn't answer that question :P 

Thank you, I'll have him write up an intro soon while I get a feel for the world first so I can learn the ropes and not slow him down by having to figure it out while he's on the other end of the couch just wanting to get started building/mining. :-)

FWIW, I'm still getting "not white-listed" when I try to connect so I'm assuming I've not yet been added.

I've looked around the forums at the different towns, looking forward to seeing them "for real".

Regards

Stephen

You'll know whe you've been whitelisted as a mod or admin will post on this thread saying that you have been 8)

One question, do you play in different pcs? If so, would you both be connecting at the same time? Might make it easier for the tour if that could happen, as if your son is confused by the rules at all, you could explain them in a way he would understand? If not, that's fine! 8)

Roger that, I was just reading about the tour elsewhere on the forum. We use different PC's and can easily be on at the same time to make the tour more efficient.

I saw Nams above say "See you in game!" so thought at first that that was my confirmation. Read on another thread that you apparently had some recent Griefer issues so I totally get that you want to square that away first before allowing new accounts. I'll just keep an eye on this thread then and keep poking around for more information and insight into what to expect once we get in.

Regards

Hello there new friend!

Welcome to YAMS!, you will be pleased to know I have now gone ahead and whitelisted you both, I really hope you enjoy playing here and will want to get involved with our community!   :) 

Once on you will be greeted by a Community Support officer ( CSO for short, their names are in cyan) or a Mod (names in dark blue) and shown to the rules, if no member of our staff is on then please proceed to the rules room by yourself and read all the info from that room and then the other rooms, this will help you find everything you need.   :) from there please proceed to sandbox on ground level, where you can find yourself a plot and start building a house and get yourself approved to move to a town, more info explained in game about this! Please make sure you read everything that you can see, as it explains everything and ensures everything runs smoothly both for you and me.

see you in game, 
Steer.

Hey there,

Thanks for your posts!

As you from SteerpikeSisters post above you should now be whitslisted, so I welcome you and your son to YAMS! :)

Hopefully we shall see you in game soon and yes we did have some griefing, unfortunately some people can’t see the enjoyment in actually taking part in building things and being a part of a community and resort to destroying people creations. They have now all been banned and anything they did has been restored to as it was before them joining.

Thank you,
Darren

Excellent, thank you so much. My son and I usually play at night and weekends so it may be a day or two before we can be in at the same time but he's very social and I think he'll be really excited to see and be part of what a cooperative MC coimmunity and world can be like. We'll be on together as soon as we can, you have my sincere thanks in advance for all your efforts in providing and protecting this environment.