Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
willbombs

whitelist willbombs please

hi im willbombs.

ive been playing minecraft for 2 months 2 weeks. i like crafting with wood and cobblestone. the biggest building ive ever made is my trapcraft. ive got the tale of kingdoms mod and

texture pack.

ilike anything golden and big houses.

this is my very first server 

willbombs

Hello,

Welcome to YAMS, thanks for telling us a little about yourself, feel free to tell us more.

Sorry in the delay, but you'll be happy to know that I have now gone ahead and whitelisted you (will take a few minutes). I really hope you enjoy it here.

When you join you will be greeted by a Community Support officer and given a tour (rules/sandbox/mining world etc), if however no CSO or other member of staff (or even a member) is on to greet you and give you a tour then please proceed to the rules room on your own and read all the info from that room and then make your way down spawn tower, reading the rest as you feel needed as the rest is optional but if you don't read now, always worth coming back latter to read.

Once you have reached the bottom of spawn tower (ground floor) please proceed to sandbox north of spawn tower (use /compass).

In sandbox you can start building a house and get yourself approved to move to a town, more info explained in game about this on the sandbox rules board which is located at the entrance of sandbox and should be read.

Please make sure you read everything that you need too, as it explains everything very well and ensures everything runs smoothly for both me and you and everyone else on the server.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask! :)

Thank you,
Darren

Hello,

1. You broke a piece of cobble on someones sandbox house.
2. You broke stone brick near companion cube.
3. You took 64 papers instead of 1 from welcome centre.

In addition your house was not great either. Seemed you didn't read any of the rules at all.

Darren

Hi Darren

I'm 'willbombs' dad - you wouldn't have realised that he's only 8.  I can't pretend to understand Minecraft; but he was really excited when we found a 'family friendly' server he could join. He's been telling us he's not been playing due to an update; looking on the forum I think he's probably embarrassed, particularly by your comment about his house.

I absolutely understand that he's broken rules - perhaps the responsibility is ultimately mine for not watching him the whole time.  I know he's impulsive when he's excited.

I guess, for me, the bottom line is that I can't watch him all the time, so if YAMS isn't going to be an appropriate server for him to play on, do you, or any other of your members, know of a server that would allow an 8 year old to participate without making people cross?

Thanks

Phil

Hello,

Willbombs was jailed for the above actions and others not mentioned. He was promptly released on the condition that his house would be rolled back so he would start a fresh and learn that what he did was not acceptable, we don't take destroying other peoples creations lightly. He was also told that this would be his last chance.

Unfortunately days latter he stole from multiple shops in the shopping centre, people run these shops for the community and put a lot of effort into them, so when someone steals we take action, in this case because of his past actions it amounted to a ban.

I'm sorry we had to ban him from our server, but there is only so many times we can explain and ask him to stop, we have a duty to protect peoples creations and items from being destroyed/stolen.

I do not have any suggestions for another server he could go on, but a web search may point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Thank you,

Darren