Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Jorgmeisterwork

I have a suggestion about nether world about building roads [SUGGESTION]

Luckily no stupid ghasts came, or I would for sure been toast. :P

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8200/aldridimensjonsekspedis.png

Therefore I ask if the no build-rules can get an exception, for reinforced roads like this at my sinlge player map. I dont ask for other builds, just roads to get around and eventually over lava seas so we can get glowstone with a bigger chance of not getting blowed out in the lava :)

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5371/aldridimensjonsbunkerve.png

-sincerely the small scale engineer Jorgmeisterwork

Sorry but I personally prefer it without roads and such, feels more intriguing when exploring. There was originally a specific build inside the nether, I cant say what here as it would give nether location away. But problem with building is once you refresh map you have to do it all again. When refreshing the nether, it's easier for me to just refresh then have to think about what's inside that may be lost, just like mining world.

On single player it would probably be fine or with a few people but on a multiplayer server with people going in all directions I don't see how it could work.

Just seems like a lot of effort and such, I think the time building things could be better spent elsewhere: Maplehold lumber yard, Snowheim castle, Farefall Maze, Perivale pig race etc.

I used cobble but didnt have enough :) I had just discovered the nether portal when I took that screenshot :P

lets say 2 wide cobble without walls on the side? :) easy and fast to lay out, blast proof and shows the way... I agree building the fortress way like in my picture will take much more time

Edited by Jorgmeisterwork

Darren has already explained this. We like to keep the nether a open and normal place to explore, without set paths and such. As well as the map refresh would start this all over again. Sorry, but you'll just have to deal with the lava like the rest of us do and use potions or go around them.

You could always buy fire resist potions from verigan's shop because he sells them for a fair price! I usually bring iron armor and around 6 fire resist potions so I can stay a long time without worrying about burning.

Sign in to follow this