Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

Herobrines Mansion June 2013 [OFFICIAL]

Herobrine wants to bring a Wither into the world, your goal is to stop him, can you help?

Join us on YAMS on Saturday the 15th of June 2013, at one of the following times (London BST), please make sure you are on at least 5 minutes before the game starts and on time, we will not wait.

10:00 am - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
13:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
16:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
19:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
22:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.

There is a maximum of 5 players per game, this includes me. You must be available for a whole 2 hours to prevent the game breaking (though it may take less time). There is no signup, it's first come first serve basis on the day (but please post your interest below).

On the day please try and spread yourselves out over all available time slots, remember we have people from all over the world, if everyone in the UK was to go to the latter ones, the people from the US would not be able to play.

You can only play once, however if we need extra people you may get asked if you would like to play again.

On the day please bear in mind the following:
  • If you die (excludes those taking part) you may be teleported to somewhere random!
  • /spawn will not work. You should use /warp spawn  or  /mvs
  • Things may go wrong as this hasn't been played on YAMS before, please be patient.
Also to those playing, please click here to download the texture pack we will be using on the day, I suggest downloading it now so you can switch to it quick when we are ready to play. Its the same one we used on The Withers Challenge, it's called (Atherys_Ascended_x32_1.5_v1.4.zip) so you may already have it and wont need to re-download it.

Once you have downloaded it (if you need to), to install it:
  • Open minecraft if you haven't already.
  • Go to options.
  • Click Texture packs.
  • Open texture pack folder.
  • Then the file you have just downloaded (don't unzip) move it into this folder.
  • Now find the texture pack in the list and click Done.
You can switch back to default at any point, but please make sure if possible to have this texture pack active when playing. The texture pack is 10mb so as I said above best to at least get it downloaded now if you are taking part.

Mumble voice chat as always will be open for those who want to take part, if you really cant talk coming on and listening to the screams is fun too!

More details will be revealed on the day, for now get that texture pack and watch this video and also lastly if you have played this map before, don't reveal details/spoilers/clues etc! :D

http://youtu.be/ZqYf1BPRKTg

Ooooh! I've heard of this adventure map!!! Can't wait to do it!!!

Actually, I just realized I'm going camping from the 15th to the 21st so I might not be able to make it T^T

Edited by SwanofWar

Should be available all day next Saturday :D
Well, that's if I'm not wasting my life away on Animal Crossing: New leaf >.>

OMG. I forgot that was out soon/now/whenever T_T haven't played AC in AGES XD

Anyways. Yes, well, maybe the 22 if I can get online... Lots of things happening for me at the moment, I'm working til 19:30 beforehand anyways, so may not get in til 8, and that's if I'm not being accosted so I can give out Christmas presents (Christmas, Nikki!!! At last!!! 8D) >_> so... Maybe, as always. XD

Ok here's who took part:

10:00 (Darren, Namscupcake)
13:00 (Darren, MeqounMan, Nikki_Nutta, SteerpikeSister)
16:00 (MeqounMan, aoelos_, benvenutab)
19:00 (Darren, Brainsss)
22:00 (No one turned up, I did wait 5 minutes after start time, so 22:05)

So personally I think it was a rubbish turn out, MeqounMan and benvenutab didn't even know about the event, I had to ask them if they wanted to take part as we were short of people.

I will have to reconsider whether these type of events are worth doing again, especially as I gave loads of set times people could attend. Remember I have to be around for them all in case things go wrong. So that's 12 hours, not to mention setting them up and what not!

Anyway thanks to those who did attend, really a shame no one else took part. :(

Sign in to follow this