Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
changingtuna88

Spawn Town Horse Stable [OFFICIAL]

Calling all Yamsians!

It's high time this Spawn Town gets a new look! As you may have already noticed, some of our Spawn's buildings aren't being used, and even forgotten :( So, we're calling upon the YAMS community to help change this!

Our first task will be changing the Spawn Restaurant. Corresponding with the upcoming minecraft 1.6 update, we are going to build a stable! :)

So, if you've found the test build world, feel free to use the community plot to try out some designs, and post pics! If you haven't found the test build world, but still have ideas, build it in single player, and post pics!

Once we have a decent amount of designs, we will pick one, or add parts from different designs to make these stables the best they can be! So, what are you waiting for? Good luck, and have fun!!!

/Tuna

I forgot to mention, I made a design already yesterday :)

Its not the most advanced design around, but that was not my goal either. In addition its restricted how much you can do at 17 by 17 Blocks, if it should have room for several horses. So I just tryed to build a simple stable that looks like a normal stable at small farms around.

So! I kinda felt like having a go at a stable because I am pretty excited for this next update :D I used the current spawntown building materials which were stonebrick and spruce logs for walls, and oak planks for roofs as I felt it would help it to fit in ^_^ I didn't know how many horses we're planning on keeping there so I made two pens for two horses, but I'm sure we could fit two in each if we tried! In terms of the building itself I wanted to make it interesting and give it a variety of levels. I used shallow curves for the roof to give it a unique look-curves are cool!  B)

So anyways the building itself! I'm aware some of you don't know where testbuild is, so I've included some pictures for you guys :P

x5h.png

This is a front view of the Stable itself.

o6m.png

This is a side view looking at the tower.

14z.png

A side view looking from the other way.

w6s.png

The interior, it's a little bare as I didn't quite know what to put in there! :P

vyqu.png

I also put in a little prize board for the awards the horses could win :)

6gh.png

And finally this picture shows one of the pens, and me feeding one of the horses (although I couldn't quite find any so I had to make do with some cows instead :( )

Anyways I hope you guys like it, and feel free to add any feedback if you have any! :lol:

I wanted to get the stables up as soon as possible, hopefully before we move to 1.6... but it seems tuna has gone on holiday, he said he pm me about it, but I've checked and no pm so not sure when hes back! :S

But in the mean time, can people help demolish all of the restaurant? Once its all dug out, we then need to fill it all in with smooth stone (leave no gaps). All materials from the restaurant should go to the public warehouse, if you need pickaxes to help demolish get one from warehouse and return after use.

Also to those building stables, bear in mind:

"You are three blocks tall while on a horse, but you can ride under 2 block tall areas, causing your head to pass through blocks. This causes suffocation damage, except when passing through non-solid blocks. You are slightly wider than one block, and are unable to walk through one block wide gaps."

Please vote for your favourite horse stable at the following warp:

/warp horses

We have not had many votes at all, in fact.... we have had 24 unique players on since my last post and only 6 people have voted, 1/4..

NOT GOOD and very upsetting! This is your chance to get involved, please do so. :)

Thanks,

Darren

P.S. Locking this post till further notice.

Voting has now finished...

Lime Team (kolayhe) - 1st place

Blue Team (aoelos_) - 2nd place

Red Team (Jorgmeisterwork) - 3rd place

So what next? Well we need to build kolas design from "/warp horses" at the empty plot where the restaurant used to be just outside the south side of spawn tower.

Please help build it! :)

Thanks.

I have warped to and from horses, taking some screenshot and studying. Last time now, i fell down through the floor at arrival and died. I lost full diamnd armour, with level 3 boots, and enchanted diamond sword. I cant og retrieve it there...    /me feels a bit sad, it was the last set of armour he had at home

Edit: in addition some materials from spawn warehouse got lost when i fell down and died in horses. In addition i lost 2-3 stacks of materials when i died afk at the building site. Got a phone and a zombie found me. I know, I know :P The first dying was servers fault but  my second one was just my own fault.

Edit 2:  The stable is as good as ready :D  It only lack some details.  I suggest placing 1 Anvil some where even if it wasnt in the original model.

Edited by Jorgmeisterwork

Stables are finished for now, me and kola had to alter some details as there was an issue with the slabs outside being used to jump the fences and also you could not turn properly inside because of the middle fences (I tested the world in 1.6). As an added addition we also added pressure plates to make it easier to get in. We will test further when 1.6 is on YAMS. :)

Hi Darren, is it any chance that the stuff I lost during my death at the /Warp horses - glitch, could be retrieved for me? :) It should be right under the spawn point, just much farther Down... If its not already been automatically removed :.(

Sign in to follow this