Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

YAMS Cathedral redesign [OFFICIAL]

Hello,

The current YAMS Cathedral has been around for over a year now, originally designed by Brainsss and help from myself we think it's time for some change.

We would like to invite you all to express your interest in either giving it a partial or complete redesign.

If you are interested, please post below. Id like to know what you think needs changing etc...

There's no rush as there's tons of other projects going on, but the options here for those interested. :)

Thanks,

Darren

It would look a lot better with a little bit more colour diversity, other than that I can't really say much else. The shape of the building definitely looks like a cathedral, though it could be more extravagant (which I personally think would look better). :) Just my thoughts.

Thanks neo! :) remember the church from yams 1st world? Just like then we had to make do with the materials we had at this time for the cathedral (over year ago) since then loads more blocks and changes have occurred allowing us to really change the cathedral for the better. :)

That would be nice to have, but we have quartz, which may look good :)

I haven't actually seen the current one, so I can't say what should be added, but buttresses always make cathedrals look good.

I've just looked at the cathedral and I'm thinking that it could do with being a cathedral shape and having lots of flying buttresses. Gothic style would be best, so it would be rather tall with quite a few columns inside, as well as galleries on two or three levels along the sides whilst the roof can still be seen from the ground. A crypt would be cool too.

I like the towers, which are a lot like the Cologne cathedral.

As Tuna said, stained clay would look good on the inside, as they used to paint the inside of cathedrals.

Sign in to follow this