Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
squashedhipo

Whitelist Request - squashedhipo

Hello YAMS!

I have gotton a bunch of great recommendations about this server and would love to join!  I have seen this server as my friend was a member. I love how its organized and the fact that there is no trust issues or anything such as that. I beleive that being kind and trustworthy is the way to go.

Here is some info about me:

I'm 13 years old and have been involved with minecraft for a few years now. I play mostly on my Xbox 360, so I'm still fairly new to the PC version of Minecraft, but I learn easily so I'm sure I will have no problem with how things work. I love to build things, I'll build anything, but my favorite things to build are structures such as buildings. The block that I use the most is probably Stone Bricks and Stone Slabs.

I would very much like to be a part of your server,

Thanks,

squashedhipo

Hello! One of my most used blocks is also stone bricks.

I don't believe that it should cause problems, seeing as only few people come here with recommendations and it would seem that a lot of the members here are on first name terms with each other on the server.

hiya Squashedhipo

thanks for your patience in being whitelisted. I personally have been busy outside of minecraft with work over the weekend and have been unable to get online to do anything. if another mod or admin hasnt whitelisted by the time i get in game tomorrow night i will look to doing it for you. in the meanwhile could you please read all rules found via link below.

http://www.darrenstraight.com/minecraft/index.php?/topic/1-please-read-welcome-to-yet-another-minecraft-server-yams/

many thanks

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

Its cool, I know how it is. I used to play a lot of basketball so I never had a lot of spare time.  As for getting whitelisted that sounds great and Thanks! I will also read those rules right away.

Ok I apologize for double-posting but a couple things stuck out to me when I was going through the rules

1: The rules said to let you guys know if you use a multi-person account.  My little brother (9 years old) and I share this account, so I thought I would let you now. I don't expect him to play a lot seeing as I'll be the one playing the most on yams, but when he gets on I'll have him tell you guys if thats neccessary.

2: As for being active player, I have no clue what you guys consider an player, but Tue, Thur, and Sun. are my no video games days. I will most likely not be playing on those days under normal circumstances, but I will try to get on the forum every day.

Thanks!

We like to now about multi-user accounts because we have had people blame siblings/others for rule breaking, remember you are responsible for what happens on your account! As for being active, that basically applies to getting on fairly often (if you can't like you said, if we know, we will try to remember :)). It also applies to being active in the community, like suggesting ideas helping on builds, checking the forums, etc. However, if we have no word from you for a long period of time, you aren't active, and there are consequences :(

Hello,

My apologies for the wait a lot of us are on holiday or busy, I have now whitelisted you.

When you join you will be greeted by a Community Support officer and given a tour (rules/sandbox/mining world etc), if however no CSO or other member of staff (or even a member) is on to greet you and give you a tour then please proceed to the rules room on your own and read all the info from that room and then make your way down spawn tower, reading the rest as you feel needed as the rest is optional but if you don't read now, always worth coming back latter to read.

Once you have reached the bottom of spawn tower (ground floor) please proceed to sandbox north of spawn tower (use /compass).

In sandbox you can start building a house and get yourself approved to move to a town, more info explained in game about this on the sandbox rules board which is located at the entrance of sandbox and should be read.

Please make sure you read everything that you need too, as it explains everything very well and ensures everything runs smoothly for both me and you and everyone else on the server.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask! :)

Thank you,

Darren