Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
changingtuna88

Spawn Town Fun-House Remodeling [OFFICIAL]

A week and no updates in this post? :(

Please can we make a move on the top part of the fun house, theres 2 designs in the test build world, nicks or ryans. Lets just pick one and build or Ryan and Nick combine your ideas an just build it? We really need to get moving on this if not I'll just place the old fun room back. :(

Nicks design:

d90k.png

Ryan design:

5cu3.png

Tough call, but my vote has to go to Ryan's design.  it's got a nice set of colors and a unique appearance that will help it stand out nicely from the other buildings in Spawn Town, especially since so few of them have non-gray roofs.

I first saw Ryan's in the Test Build World (seen Nick's too, visited both) and I have to give a +1 vote to RYAN'S. I'm not too sure about the glass though, but I fell in love with the rest of the design :)

I like the yellow in Nick's design personally.  Gonna try to get on this weekend to see if we can start actually building something :)

[spoiler]Yes, I'm going to bed right now, Master :P Was up late working on script for writing class[/spoiler]

Ok I've had a look at the hybrid design in the test build world and looks ok to me, I was just about to go and build it.. but there's an issue, only the back two glass rows of the four would show down below due to the first basement having its walls closer inwards because of the train tracks.

We can still build it and just have flower beds or something for the first two rows? Nick? Ryan?

Well, Darren and I have replicated this in spawn town!

e4lu.png

All we need now are more ideas for rooms!

If you go to the testing world there's already the one that Zhon and I build, so feel free to experiment.

Lets try and get this done before Halloween :P

Sorry the picture is so big...

Looks very nice, but didn't we mostly vote for Ryan's design though?

Half and half, votes in game too and this isn't either design its a hybrid, take a look it takes bits from both designs except the glass because as I mentioned above it wouldn't work well and as I keep saying time and time again the test build world is for TESTING not for building the complete design then doing the exact same in the normal world, what's the point of that? I keep telling people this when they say so and so isn't the same as in test build world or they cant do the same. That's why it says in the test build world "Remember this world is here to help you prepare ideas for the main world don't just build the entire build here as your main focus should be the in the main world"

Combining ideas is good and its how things should be built, working together to come up with one final build.

I have plans for one floor. Was discussing it with steer and Ryan as we waited in line for mcm

Tell me ohh wise one...

Reminder to others:

I will give this project a little bit longer, say till weekend... if I don't see anything happen by then, I will consider this a failed project and bring back the old one as clearly no one wants to take part. :(

I will give this project a little bit longer, say till weekend... if I don't see anything happen by then, I will consider this a failed project and bring back the old one as clearly no one wants to take part. :(

but...but... our obstacle room...   :(

I'll start planning out another room for the new funhouse, see what else I can come up with and start setting it up in test build.

but...but... our obstacle room...   :(

I'll start planning out another room for the new funhouse, see what else I can come up with and start setting it up in test build.

but... but... we need the obstacle room built in the real world, not left in the test build world! :P

but... but... we need the obstacle room built in the real world, not left in the test build world! :P

I thought there were going to be more room suggestions from people and we'd see who liked what best before building it for real.  But if you want us to just move it in to the main world now, just let me know which floor to build it on.

Edited by ZhonLord

Gonna finish the glass maze soon and then head back to test world to build some more ideas.

I thought there were going to be more room suggestions from people and we'd see who liked what best before building it for real.  But if you want us to just move it in to the main world now, just let me know which floor to build it on.

Sent you a message on yams, just put it on the next available floor, I don't htink it matters so much :P

Hey everyone!  I took a looksy around the fun house today and am really please with how it's looking so far - two whole floors all done!  What we need now is more ideas for the rest of the floors - remember, it doesn't have to be complicated or difficult, so long as it's fun!

Some ideas I've heard so far:

Quiz room

Joke room

Sign in to follow this