Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

Wacky Boat Races August 2013 #2 [OFFICIAL]

Calling all captains/skippers/navigators and sailors...

We have a boat race challenge for you!

The boat race lasts for 30 minutes at least and starts on Sunday the 25th of August at 8pm BST.

Click here to see the correct time in other countries.

Boats will be provided. Starting location is at the main boat race starting area on the way to Farefall.
If you would like to take part please signup below.

It doesn’t matter if you're not very good with boats, it's all just a bit of good fun! :D

To those of you still experiencing lag issues, I suggest you try using Optifine and see if that helps, if you have troubles installing I'm sure me or someone else can help. It really does improve performance issues.

Thanks,
Darren

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3cLSnzN-p0

Same as Luke. Exactly the same, somehow. :D

I was excited about doing one of these when I saw the boat race area, but sadly I don't think I'll be home at 8pm GMT. :p

Not quite sure why you highlighted GMT but just so no one's confused it's not at 8pm gmt its 8pm BST as per my post. :) it's summer time so we are GMT+ 1 in the UK.

Oh, to me GMT changed with summer time.

And the highlight was accidental. I'd removed it on the full stop, but must have missed the GMT part. (pressed ⌘-B [bold] instead of ⌘-V [paste] on my keyboard)

Barty just like Nikki said, part of the fun is that it's wacky hence the name of the race.

I did look into plugins last time we played that would stop boats breaking but there wasn't any out there and to be honest a lot of people still seemed to enjoy it, if I didn't think people did I wouldn't have started this topic, also last time I gave up me playing to help other who were struggling, giving oats out and pointing them in the right direction etc.

This is a community event and everyone's welcome so it's up to you whether or not you take part, but if you are not interested then don't come here putting others off, it's depressing, a few people would like to play but cant because they have other things to do, so you posting "meh" comments is kind of depressing and discouraging to them and others.

As of late your posts have not been the greatest, some of them we wouldn't expect from a member let alone a CSO, members look up to you as a CSO, so please try to be encouraging about things like this, you know how much time I put into events like this.

UPDATE:

Just a reminder this is tomorrow the 25th of August at 8pm BST. Click here to see the correct time in other countries. :)

Thanks goes to SwanofWar and ryanfenton for helping me do some massive terraforming jobs that needed doing, really appreciate it.

To those of you who are attending tomorrow, I have a little something in store for you all should you all choose it... I'm hoping you will like it, come and take part tomorrow to find out.

Thanks,

Darren

There is actually a chance that I may be online at that time, but for that I call on all you people living near main UK motorways to keep them clear so that I can get home in time :D

Sign in to follow this