Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

Wacky Boat Races August 2013 #2 [OFFICIAL]

Ok so the race is over:

• 1st namscupcake - Threw cupcakes at everyone, giving her the chance to win!
  • 2nd Steerpikesister - She wanted first, she tried but nams cheated throwing cupcakes at her.
  • 3rd ElseJon - Somehow managed to get 3rd even though he was behind us all at one point and he was having major lag issues!
  • 4th darrenstraight - His excuse for not getting a better position was he was busy helping others, he's just a sore looser really, hehe!
  • 5th ryanfenton - Tried to use his enderman powers but forgot enderman are scared of water.
  • 6th SwanofWar - Disconnected never came back.

To those of you wondering what the special thing was, the contestants had to decide whether:

1. Have an inventory full of breakable boats.
  2. One unbreakable boat that doesn't break when being hit.

Option number 2 was choosen, though some issues arose by using it, because as you're boat never breaks when you hit something the server gets confused thinking you should be in one place with a broken boat when in reality you're still moving, this happens too without the plugin in terms of being teleported back every so often. Lucky the plugin also has another option which when activated (though quite late through) seemed to help:

resync enables you to eliminate the desynchronization of players in boats that "drift" away from the server's location. With this feature enabled, every 60 seconds (we changed this to 5 which helped a lot) the player is teleported to where the server believes they are, forcing the client to update their location. The player will experience a brief "hop" as they are teleported to their proper place. No more running into the shore when your client shows you a hundred blocks out in the ocean!

Thanks again to those who took part, it's a real shame we didn't have more people take part, I specifically choose a late time in the UK so more of you from the US could join in too. Same happened in June for the herobrine mansion when there was multiple time slots to attend, we didn't have a great turn up.

I know people have other things to do in life too, but would have been nice if there could have been a bit more of a turn out so I don't feel like I have wasted mine and others time, had to do quite a bit of terraforming for this one, just like other events, they require planning and setting up.

I'd have loved to attend (and it sounds like you all had great fun!) but my channel crossing train was delayed by about an hour and then we ran into load of traffic back in Belgium :(

Anyway, well done Nams, Steer and ElseJon :D

I'm so sorry I missed this :( I was just disconnecting for a moment to fix the issues I was having (namely falling off the world) and then my mom called me and sent me on some chores that took a lot longer than I thought they would and yeah...... :(

Sign in to follow this