Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

In game mail system to message offline players [FEEDBACK]

14 members have voted

1. 1. /mail - Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

Should I enable you to be able to use the command "/mail send playername message" on YAMS to be able to message an offline player, they will receive the message when they login.

Examples include:

• Informing someone that their shop order is ready for collection.
  • Informing a player they have been evicted from their home and why.
  • Informing a jailed player why they are jailed, the ones who keep logging in when no staff are on.

And other genuine uses, not to be used as a chit chat instant messaging system, any abuse of the system would be dealt with accordingly, which could include removal of the mail system from those players or as entirety.

Please use the topic poll to vote and also leave comments below on your thoughts.

See images below for what it looks like if you were to receive mail.

8dwq.png
vrhn.png

I think that it's a great idea. I don't know if you'd replace the signs-in-house technique, but mods could at least write the message there as well, or maybe even tell a player that they've placed signs in their house.

It might also be useful for coordinating community builds without constantly posting small changes to the forums, when players can't always be on at the same time.

And as you said, for shops and jailed players, it definitely is a much easier system.

I just ran into a situation that would definitely have benefited by it today and even went  to type `/help mail` until I remembered that you're still seeing if people want it implemented. :)

I'm still waiting a bit longer to give as many people as possible a chance to vote. There's lots of uses but it needs to be said as I said above that should I implement this that it doesn't become a chit chat IM system. It should be used for specific things.

Also never single people out, for example community build stuff should really be on forums however small as we want everyone involved not just the select few.

Your shop order is ready for collection is however an appropriate use as its player specific and its not a general chat message or anything others need to know.

Ok it's been nearly a week since I created this poll and I think I've given you all a good amount of time to vote.

13 is unlucky for some... but in this case maybe not so, for we had 13 people vote yes.

So I have now enabled you to use /mail, commands are as follows:

• /mail send player_name_here message_here
  • /mail read
  • /mail clear

As I said before this is not to be used as a chit chat messaging system or communicate community things that would be better suited to discussing on the forums so everyone can get involved, however small.

Remember abuse of this system as well as spamming will result in removal of the /mail system for you or everyone.

Enjoy! :)

Sign in to follow this