Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

02/10/2013 - YAMS Halloween 2013

Halloween will soon be here! :D

We have done some fun stuff for Halloween in the past, see posts:

13/10/2011 - YAMS Halloween 2011

01/10/2012 - YAMS Halloween 2012

YAMS Halloween themed area [OFFICIAL]

But unfortunately progress in terms of building as always been slow, even though all the materials are given to you from warehouses and we let you have more freedom in building things for the Halloween area things just never seem to be finished on time for Halloween.

This year, I'm sorry to say that I will not be flattening/allocating out any space unless someone or a group of people specifically ask to build something. We have a really nice Halloween area now it would be a shame to dig things up to then stay unfinished for months.

So if you or a group of people are really interested in building some Halloween stuff and will not leave it unfinished then please give me details in a post below with what it is you would like to do. You can of course also discuss below with others what you want to do and see if anyone would like to help before you ask me for a build area. You might even want to update or improve on existing structures in the current Halloween area. :)

Also what about non building stuff, what would everyone like to do for Halloween in YAMS? Is there anything specific you would like to see happen? If so please post below, I can make things happen but only if people are actually interested and turn up, its quite upsetting for example when I run events/maps etc and no one turns up, because I have to put a lot of time into getting them setup and be on all day to manage them! :(

P.S. Yes Fang will try and return! ;)

eaw3.png

I had the idea we could make a giant(well, 1x1) statue of the whither hovering above the Halloween area, i have already cleared this with Darren and agreed on the place for it.

also, if we get this finished, Darren wants an enderdragon made too!

I had the idea we could make a giant(well, 1x1) statue of the whither hovering above the Halloween area, i have already cleared this with Darren and agreed on the place for it.

also, if we get this finished, Darren wants an enderdragon made too!

*Cough* Enderdragon first or be banned...

Haha I'm kidding, wither first is cool... ;)

Some of you may remember the Halloween Ghost  Train from YAMS Halloween 2011... well I'm very happy to say, we are going to have another one! :D

Me, ElseJon and mademo have been testing out our ideas in the test build world and I'm quite happy with the result so far, go and take a look!

But.... to build in the real world we need lots and lots of black wool, please help. :D

sbf3.png

Thanks goes to: mademo, changingtuna88, ElseJon, Izzyair and NinjaDragon22 for helping me clear the area in the main world. :) Now we need that black wool! :D

By the way don't forget about the hovering wither statue, is anyone helping steer on that? :)

onp1.png

x1gg.png

I definitely missed something last night!

I'm going to go off a-sheep and squid hunting :D

Great! :)

We need all the sides between the wood filled in with black wool and also the whole ceiling to stop the snow (and so I can terraform over it), we place some torches around while we work to stop mobs :)

0s64.png

The ghost train walls are coming along nicely, but we are no where near done yet, keep that wool coming and help build the walls and ceiling.

I've also started work on separating the areas into sections along with doing some tracks and redstone stuff, go and take a look! Also don't forget to see the videos in my last post and also there is the ghost train we built in the test world.

By the way, is anyone good 3D pixel art claws? What I would like to have is claws or monsters peaking over or something overhanging at the edge of the building looking down at the people that enter the ghost train.

ogfp.png

Most of the exterior building walls now have black wool (thanks for help everyone), just one top section missing that needs doing, also the ceiling!

jwdd.png

Also we need to start working on the 3 large areas, I really suggest you take a look at the one in the test build world. [spoiler]Pssst I hear the hot air balloons can see something interesting.[/spoiler]

But just in case you haven't found it, here's some photos, tried to take zoomed out and as best as possible, it's really easier too see then on images.

Nether area:

2y3h.png

Stronghold area:

k7ps.png

Mining cave area:

veqe.png
w7lr.png

I found it really difficult to place all the black wool, because there really is no contrast when working with so much. Is there some optimal setting or something that makes it easier to see what's there wand what's not?

The Halloween Ghost Train is around 50% complete. We now have to decide what to do in the other half. :)

Please take a proper look at what's been done so far and come up with some ideas and post below or even better build them in the test build world.

Also I did ask above, but is anyone helping steer on the flying wither statue?

dlxi.png

The Halloween Ghost Train is pretty much completed, I just need to go round doing some final touches tomorrow. :)

We have now moved onto building a wither boss and after that we need an enderdragon! :D

A massive thank you to everyone involved so far in getting Halloween stuff done. :D

qo49.png