Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

02/10/2013 - YAMS Halloween 2013

Just to give you some help "imagining" the scale of this thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23VNzjGgJSk

There's also plenty of tutorials too, heres one example:

Minecraft Tutorial: Ender Dragon Statue - Part 01: Head & Neck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01s4yjvD7fI

Minecraft Tutorial: Ender Dragon Statue - Part 02: Main Body & Tail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_bwXEqpU0

Minecraft Tutorial: Ender Dragon Statue - Part 03: The Legs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwg12DGfatk

Minecraft Tutorial: Ender Dragon Statue - Part 04: Wings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ESSlOW2G0

Please tell me if you think this isn't doable... I don't mind putting some people in fly mode (not creative) to help. :)

The diamond blocks aren't actually needed and even if they were we do have a warehouse. Will you be helping?

It doesn't necessarily need to be diamond either.  We have a lot of options: several shades of blue wool, stained clay, lapis lazuli, heck we could probably even use ice for it.

Edited by ZhonLord

The Ghost Train is amazing! :D It's definitely the best ride I've ever been on in Minecraft aha! Does anyone know how much wool we'll need approximately? I've been shearing quite a bit in the sheep pen-think I may end up breaking my right click soon :P

Not sure who's actually helping me build the ender dragon but its quite easy to follow once you start...

I've been working on the structure by having an ender dragon in front of me and counting the pixels and converting them to blocks, I find best way is to take screenshots up close paste them into paint then count the pixels/blocks by making a little dot on each pixel lengthways/sideways etc. then counting the dots.

Easier then trying to count from a flapping/moving dragon or from pictures on the web, some of them have the wrong amount of neck/tail sections Ive noticed. It's 5 neck sections and 12 tail sections. Some have 4 and 11 which is wrong!

u2o5.png
8pfl.pngrtn1.png

I didn't realise it was going to be that big! We're going to need a few more sheep haha! I'll be happy to help with the whole building thing, just don't put me on pixel counting duty because I'm no good at maths aha :P

I was thinking about the Halloween area, what do you guys think about building something like a crooked house? It would be like a mini story walk through type of thing-but they're often quite surreal and spooky :p

Halloween is nearly here, so I done a few things:

- Added random Halloween sounds/curses/haunts!
- Disabled Battle Arena, Mob Arena to take it's place for a little bit, games to be initiated by me when there's enough players who ask me for a game to be started. Rewards available!
- Zombie infection game... Someone becomes a zombie the rest become humans who are hunted by the zombie, humans who die become infected and help the zombie. But that's not all, there's also classes, points and a shop. Need at least 3 players to play a game. It's not ready yet but very soon.
- Zombie apocalypse, type /za help in game for more info.

Want anything else? Just ask your town mod or me.

Following up from my previous pos:

Has anyone fought the zombie hoardes yet? /za help - in game gives you more info. I need to know if people like it or not, or of its getting in the way, will be removed after Halloween either way.

Also zombie infection game is ready for its first proper trial, have done as much testing as possible. If anyone would like to play latter let me know! :)

If I get on, I might try some stuff. For the zombie thing, I take it it's your own gear? Or is it chests to select from?

The zombie apocalypse game happens at night in minecraft, there's a 20% chance of a massive hoard of zombies spawning, if everyone kills them you get a reward. You get warned in game if its about to start and then whether the zombies spawn or stay in their graves. Yes own gear.

Zombie infected game, items provided.

Mob arena, items provided.

Whoa! I'm so out of it. What's up with the zombie hoards? Is this the apocalypse thing people have mentioned?

A little background: We moved to Africa, to a country officially ranked as worst Internet service in the world! Last couple of months have been pretty brutal and this makes the MC lag unbearable. But this week, the connection speeds have perked up quite a bit, so MC is playable again. Hopefully EberleGirls and I will get on together soon and get caught up!

Anyway, I tested my connection with YAMS just now and was greeted at my front door by a hoard of zombies (15? 20?) wearing pumpkins on their heads. Should have taken a picture! I woke my dogs and fought them off by only opening one door. They jostled each other so much they had trouble getting through the door and my dogs were great fighters. Still, I took quite a few hits and worried at one point I would die. I've never seen so many zombies in one place before!

So what's the scoop? Is this a general MC thing today or a special YAMS Halloween thing? I hope EberleGirls and I can get back on later!

Whoa! I'm so out of it. What's up with the zombie hoards? Is this the apocalypse thing people have mentioned?

A little background: We moved to Africa, to a country officially ranked as worst Internet service in the world! Last couple of months have been pretty brutal and this makes the MC lag unbearable. But this week, the connection speeds have perked up quite a bit, so MC is playable again. Hopefully EberleGirls and I will get on together soon and get caught up!

Anyway, I tested my connection with YAMS just now and was greeted at my front door by a hoard of zombies (15? 20?) wearing pumpkins on their heads. Should have taken a picture! I woke my dogs and fought them off by only opening one door. They jostled each other so much they had trouble getting through the door and my dogs were great fighters. Still, I took quite a few hits and worried at one point I would die. I've never seen so many zombies in one place before!

So what's the scoop? Is this a general MC thing today or a special YAMS Halloween thing? I hope EberleGirls and I can get back on later!

As explained on the previous page, zombie apocalypse is only here for Halloween. The game is explained in the "/za help" command. But here are the specifics:

• Every night at 9:00 (Minecraft time) there is a 20% chance of a Zombie Apocalypse (you will be warned at 8:00 minecraft time so you could prepare for the possible onslaught of zombies). For each player online in the world of your choosing 40 zombies will be spawned. The zombies will spawn no closer than ten blocks away from the player they are spawning around (zombies can spawn closer to players if another player is near because of overlap). For every player on that world 30 zombies need to be killed before dawn and if you do you are rewarded. If not enough zombies are killed in the morning the zombies have overrun you and no reward is given. Fighting off the zombie apocalypse can be very fun with several people around.

And the pumkins on mobs head is nothing to do with ZA, that's an additional plugin I installed just for Halloween. :)

Btw anyone wanting to play the Infected game (this isnt zombie apocalypse), type in game: /inf join

A few of us played yesterday, was quite fun. :)

Halloween is over, the following features have been removed:

• Random spooky sounds playing when someone joins.
  • Random spooks and curses.
  • Mobs spawning with pumpkin heads.
  • Flying pumpkin heads.
  • Zombie apocalypse game.

The following will remain for the time being:

• Infected game, need at least 2 players to start, but more is a lot better, join command is: /inf join - I have also made grenades/frags not hurt the person throwing them, as you just ended up dying everytime!
  • Mob Arena, still replaces Battle Arena for the time being, to join just ask me, no one has asked so far!
  • The ender dragon still needs to be built, scales need doing, I started a pattern on his body last week to help you all see what needs doing but no ones helped, temp warp is: /warp dragon - I did have something fun planned if we finished the dragon.

Again a big well done to those that helped build the ghost train and wither, at least we got something nice done in time.

Halloween is over so closing this post. :)

• Infected game will remain (new discussion post here), need at least 2 players to start, but more is a lot better, join command is: /inf join - I have also made grenades/frags not hurt the person throwing them, as you just ended up dying every time!
  • Mob Arena is being removed, Battle Arena comes back.
  • The ender dragon still needs to be built (new discussion post here), scales need doing, I started a pattern on his body ages ago to help you all see what needs doing but no ones helped, temp warp is: /warp dragon - I did have something fun planned if we finished the dragon.

Hope you had a nice Halloween. :)