Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

Herobrines Return October 2013 [OFFICIAL]

Herobrine's Return is the sequel of Herobrine's Mansion which we played back in June.

Join us on YAMS on Saturday the 19th of October 2013, at one of the following times (London BST), please make sure you are on at least 5 minutes before the game starts and on time, we will not wait.

10:00 am - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
13:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
16:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
19:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.
22:00 pm - Click here to see time in other countries for this time slot.

Unfortunately there is a maximum of 4 players per game (includes me when I'm playing). You must be online and available from anywhere between 1 hour and 15 minutes up to 2 hours depending on how good your team is and whether or not you do side quests and have a proper look around.

There is no signup, it's first come first serve basis on the day, but please post your interest below and where possible let me know which slot you are hoping to turn up for.

On the day please try and spread yourselves out over all available time slots, remember we have people from all over the world, if everyone in the UK for example was to go to the latter ones, the people from the US would not be able to play.

You can only play once, however if we need extra people you may get asked if you would like to play again.

Please bear in mind the following today:

• If you die (excludes those taking part) you may be teleported to somewhere random!
  • If you are stuck in another world (excludes those taking part) and cant get out please be patient and I'll arrange for a teleport out.
  • /spawn will not work. You should use /warp spawn  or  /mvs
  • Things may go wrong, please be patient.
  • Listen to what I explain in game chat, that way you wont have to bombard me with questions and I wont have to repeat what I just said all over again, as this is frustrating.

Also to those playing, please click here to download the recommended resource pack that was intended for the map, I suggest downloading it now so you can switch to it quick when we are ready to play.

Once you have downloaded it, to install it:

• Open minecraft if you haven't already.
  • Go to options.
  • Click Resource Packs.
  • Click Open resource pack folder.
  • Then the file you have just downloaded (don't unzip) move it into this folder.
  • Now find the resource pack in the list and click Done.

You can switch back to default at any point, but please make sure if possible to have this texture pack active when playing. The texture pack is 8.44mb so as I said above best to at least get it downloaded now if you are taking part.

Mumble voice chat as always will be open for those who want to take part, if you really cant talk you can always come on and listen to the screams, that's fun too!

More details will be revealed on the day, for now get that texture pack and watch this video and also lastly if you have played this map before, don't reveal details/spoilers/clues etc! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqjzWQ_lXxg

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE EVENT IS ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOHHHH MYYYYY GOOOSSSHHH!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

I'm going for 22:00, but can also be available at 10:00 if needed.

I would prefer 10:00 am actually. Any times between 10 am and 10 pm are not really possible.

Actually, I won't be able to be on long enough to play, if at all :(

Edited by ruddles1325

Ok done some final testing, mostly ready for tomorrow, unfortunately there's quite a few bugs, but there's not much I can do to fix them... so if herobrine is still hanging around all chilled out when he shouldn't be, just ignore him! :P

I've spent this evening trying to fix some problems to make this map bukkit combatable and have just fixed herobrine and bosses not going away when they should! Took me a little while to figure out the problem, its such a complicated map. :P

A quick explanation for the techies:

• We use a plugin to run multiple worlds.
  • This adventure map uses the /difficulty command in lots and lots of command blocks to clear mobs from the map at certain points by putting the world to peaceful then back to normal mode etc.
  • This was not taking effect as plugins that handle multiworlds have their own difficulty config setting, /difficulty only effects the main world.
  • The solution was to change all of these command blocks to use the multi world plugins own /difficulty command.
  • I first thought about using a McEdit filter to do a search and replace but the ones out there were unreliable and caused map corruption!
  • Eventually I settled with a NBT Editor (Named Binary Tag) to search through the region files and manually change every command block, there was as search and replace but seemed buggy and too risky.
  • Uploaded map and tested and worked! Goodbye herobrine...

I also had a problem of the scoreboard not showing up.

• This was due to the objectives being preset in the scoreboard.dat file but as we run multiworlds it wasn't picking it up, usually on hypixel maps he sets the objectives using command blocks but not this time.
  • Solution was simple, just move scoreboard.dat to the world folder instead of it's own folder.

Last problem appears to be that spawned fireballs glitch out, unfortunately this is not something I can fix as it's kind of a bukkit issue, Simon one the hypixel people (the other being Rezzus) did report this here: https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-4016

I will be on tomorrow morning, though I do have to leave for a little bit at some point during the first game, but rest assured I'm leaving you in the capable hands of steerpikesister just in case anything does go wrong! :)

thanks Darren for doing events like these. although i dont always attend them i do appreciate them being offered :D

Agreed, these events are a ton of fun.  Looking forward to the next one!

I have uploaded the screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenstraight/sets/72157627030523694/

As for the event, yes it was fun however as not many people turned up I'm going to have to think about how I run these events in future, if at all. Running time slots allows for people from all around the world to take part, unfortunately however it involves me being around all day to run them, which wouldn't be so bad if people turned up but when people don't show its a waste of my time.

I have uploaded the screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenstraight/sets/72157627030523694/

As for the event, yes it was fun however as not many people turned up I'm going to have to think about how I run these events in future, if at all. Running time slots allows for people from all around the world to take part, unfortunately however it involves me being around all day to run them, which wouldn't be so bad if people turned up but when people don't show its a waste of my time.

You have so many screenshots of me watching you burn...  People are going to get the wrong idea about me :cry:

Sign in to follow this