Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

YAMS Halloween Mansion Hosts Infected [OFFICIAL]

As I'm sure most of you know, for Halloween I installed a plugin called Infected.

Infected is a popular game mode from Call of Duty's Modern Warfare 3. The plugin tries its best to replicate that gamemode and turn it into a Minecraft minigame. The objective of this game for humans is to simply outlast and fight the zombies. But you only have one life. Once you get bitten, then you turn into a zombie and are forced to infect the ones who were once your allies and friends. Humans. If you happen to get caught by the horde, your objective as a zombie is to infect all the humans before the timer is up.

We played Infected in the Halloween Mansion, I would like to continue to allow people to play there as it gives a second purpose to the mansion, the other being we use it for hide and seek, I even set up a little system for that.

But... I would also like to see if anyone wants to improve on our current Infected setup.

So here's a few questions:

• Is there anywhere else you would like to see this played (there's a vote map/arena option in Infected)? It cant be in the coliseum unless you get rid of BattleArena, needs to be somewhere which wont cuase to much of an issue and also need to allow pvp in that area. I have no problem with extra arenas etc also being built for it.
  • There is currently a selction of classes for Zombies/Humans, would you like to see more? If so please can you list class names and what items you would get.
  • Do any of the timers need changing?
  • Anything else need changing?
  • What other suggestions to make Infected better?

Thanks,

Darren

P.S. /inf join - to play infected game, you need others to play with you so make sure to ask who wants to play.

Is there no way to play by yourself? I keep going to joing when no ones on. Would be nice to go for it.

Unfortuently no as someone needs to be an infected and someone else a human at least, but with even more its more fun. If you ever want to play with me just send me a text. :) or post in here see if anyone wants to join you.

Different maps would be good, but I think we should wait until more people play it, and we get other stuff done like fun house, uni(at least start more work on this one :P) castle, etc. Also, I'd play with anyone if they were on when i am :)

Different maps would be good, but I think we should wait until more people play it, and we get other stuff done like fun house, uni(at least start more work on this one :P) castle, etc. Also, I'd play with anyone if they were on when i am :)

If the castle ever gets done, it could be used for Infected... likewise the university. 

As you know this stopped working with Minecraft 1.7, however after some time working with the broken parts I've managed to get it up and running again.

Its a little different from last time and there's still some bugs, but you should at least be able to play a decent game, have fun! :)

As Infected has not been played properly since January it has now been removed this from the Halloween Mansion.

I am currently investigating an alternative game, in the mean time, hide and seek is still playable there... everyone loves hide and seek! ;)

Sign in to follow this