Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Marbles

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary!!

Greetings! You may or may not be aware that Doctor Who, a long running UK sci-fi show, is approaching it's 50th anniversary! On the 23rd of November, a special episode is going to commemorate the momentous occasion. 

This episode is being shown pretty much worldwide in theatres, so if you want to see it at a cinema there's a website here.

Today 2 trailers have been released, and they look awesome!

Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkq8pnvsnQg

Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6FMCqYrBo

Anyone else going to be watching? I've got tickets for a showing in Lancaster :P

Trailer 1... That load of rubbish isn't worthy of being called a trailer! It's like a "look at all the pretty faces I had once..." It's... It's a teenage girls diary. Haha.

But yeah, I've got a cinema ticket to go watch it live in 3D... Then I'll record it and watch it again so I can see the things...

Also, APPARENTLY ITS 1DIRECTION DAY. There's people going nuts about it haha. My friend posted a picture that was a comment on the new trailer saying things like "BBC, kindly move this doctor who rubbish to another day" hahahaha here's a link to her tweet pic https://twitter.com/dawn6884/status/399284316376936448

But I'm not gonna get all excited. I've heard storyline planning that I don't like, so until it's proven NOT to be the storyline, I'm going to not like it. Then when it's fab, I'll like it and won't be disappointed 8)

Why avoid the forums? O_o

Lots, and lots, and LOTS of spoilers.  This isn't the kind of thing people are going to be able to not talk about once they see it, and honestly I'm expecting the internet to be flooded within an hour of its first showing.

Errr actually, I don't post spoilers. I've known the storyline of 50th for a long while (or at least the best one of many that are circling) as well as I've seen Thor 2 twice now and not SPOILERED it for anyone. I hate spoilers as much as the next person and always ask if someone wants to know.

So not everyone who sees it will post things. And since it's broadcast live across the world all at the same time, it's not like anyone really has a advantage over the others.

***Spoilers*** Matt Smith will be the doctor in the 50th and Peter Capaldi will replace him at some point ***End Spoilers***

Though I do have some conspiracy theories relating to John Hurt.

but what dies this mean for the numbering???

Here's a quote from an article

Steven Moffat has insisted that he is not changing the numbering of the Doctors. He makes it clear that John Hurt’s “War Doctor†doesn't alter anything.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-the-doctor-numbering-stays-exactly-the-same-55354.htm

Edited by Captain_Marbles

This is the story line I was talking of btw. I don't like it.

Though my biggest issue was them breaking the count system, so if they're doing a whole "war doctor" "he was stuck in the time war freeze" blah blah blah thing with it then fine. As long as it's good and works and isn't rubbish xD

EDIT by Staff: Posts merged, please use the edit button and not double post.

Personally I prefer my original hypothesis that he was William Hartnell before he ran with Susan in the TARDIS and that he did something really bad that made him reconsider his life and take on the name of the Doctor.

I'm also wondering if they're going to make any references to the Doctor possibly being "the Other" in this.  Anything's possible when multiple Doctors meet face to face.

(if you don't know the theory of the Other, it's essentially the idea that the Doctor may be a shadowy figure who exists as a balance between Rassilon and Omega.  Better explanation here: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/specials/36631-doctor-who-classic-the-cartmel-masterplan It's a little out of date now, having come out well before John Hurt was introduced, but it still presents a fascinating possiblity)

Edited by ZhonLord

Well, seeing as it's Children in Need today in the UK, during the show tonight the BBC aired an exclusive clip from the 50th Anniversary episode. It does contain spoilers, so I've put it in one of those fancy spoiler box drop-down thingies :D

Edited by Captain_Marbles

Must avoid reading that box...

There seems to be a lot of spoilers in this thread.

I hope no one spoiles this bowl of Solent Green im about to eat...

I would hardly say it's a spoiler in the CiN bit... It's the start to the episode apparently... Where Ten appears (I'm refusing to change the numbers for this 'war doctor' because "Moffat says so")

Also, if I'm going to get told off for double posting, can we do if for everyone in all threads? I see mods double posting a lot. One rule for all would be nice. Not digging, just annoying.

Also, if I'm going to get told off for double posting, can we do if for everyone in all threads? I see mods double posting a lot. One rule for all would be nice. Not digging, just annoying.

Barty, if you have an issue with how things are handled then pm me about it.

You made two posts within a very short time of each other therefore these were merged and a polite message left to inform you know not to double post so you knew why. If it was a separate day or a while after your original post, the posts would possible not have been merged.

I have seen other people double post, myself including, but usually these second posts are to update others of the progress of something or grab people’s attention a second time round as no one replied.

There was absolutely no need for you to make a second post after your previous post had only been posted a short time before, please use the edit button.

If you wish to take this up further then you are welcome to pm me about it, please do not bring it up here again.

Now let’s get back on topic!

Sign in to follow this