Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

18/11/2013 - YAMS Christmas 2013

Ho Ho Ho... Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. :santa:

Haha ok it's not quite Christmas time yet but thats no reason to not get in the spirit.

I don't currently have anything officially planned this year for YAMS, so I thought id ask all you happy Elfs what we should do, scrooges need not say anything. :P

Last year we did:

• Created the Christmas village not far from Snowheim.
  • North pole world, which was a YAMS Christmas world, with creative turned on for that year so people could build even more fun things.
  • South pole world, very fun to explore as it was all made of snow and ice with interesting things to find.
  • YAMS Christmas Carol Concert 2012, Redstone Christmas music, with gift vouchers and Minecraft prizes!                
  • YAMS advent calendar which had presents inside for each day!
  • Little things here and there...

So what do you all think we should do this year? :santa:

I think 2 Carol Concerts in a row is quite enough :P (Although I wouldn't object to doing another one >.>)

Perhaps we could do some survival games or the Walls again? There's always Mob Arena if the plugin still works too.

PVP tournament in the Colosseum? Prizes for the winner?  :ph34r:

I think 2 Carol Concerts in a row is quite enough :P (Although I wouldn't object to doing another one >.>)

Perhaps we could do some survival games or the Walls again? There's always Mob Arena if the plugin still works too.

PVP tournament in the Colosseum? Prizes for the winner?  :ph34r:

Walls... that's not really christmassy.... though I guess we could make it snow.... ;)

MobArena does work but to be honest when I installed it for Halloween it was barely played. :(

PVP.... Again not really christmasy but... we could have a snow castle or something like that, remember the snow ball fight one we had in the old world?

Keep those suggestions coming. :)

EDIT: Death sentence arena? Its kind of icy.

http://youtu.be/lYpO4_R_F5o

EDIT 2: Wrath of the Fallen also has some snow! ;)

http://youtu.be/c-Gb5CrWb2Y

the advent calender is a must, not sure about the other things. a firework display competition perhaps? or you could make it snow all over yams for a while?

Firework competition sounds interesting, guess would gave to be creative?

Could see if I can find any plugins that make it snow all over... But without it laying on the ground as that would be bad.

Creative would also allow members who dont know where nether is to use fire charges and what not to make them better :D

EDIT: O, there are those "paintball" servers which are like a snowball fight, but I doubt they release the plugin :(

Maybe we could alter the walls map to be Christmassy :P Like a total redesign of the top level and maybe add in some secret Easter eggs-it would be nice to do another event-and we could even try our best at making it festive! :P I was thinking by the way maybe we could build like a Christmas grotto cabin thing with an underground toy factory in some far off snowy part of yams!

Maybe we could alter the walls map to be Christmassy :P Like a total redesign of the top level and maybe add in some secret Easter eggs-it would be nice to do another event-and we could even try our best at making it festive! :P I was thinking by the way maybe we could build like a Christmas grotto cabin thing with an underground toy factory in some far off snowy part of yams!

Regarding the toy factory no reason why it cant be near the Christmas village or even part of it, there's loads of space there, if anyone wants to do it feel free to. :)

Just a shot in the dark but why don't you do a festival of lights kind of thing, have it be a walkway with pressure plates and when you step on them it will light up creations there can be stars,snowflakes and snowmen. The walk way would be a oval like track and all the creations will be made by the members.

Having lots of christmas lights that could all be turned on at a certain time, would be amazing :D Exams are coming up, so I'm still not sure whether I'll be able to come on to YAMS, but I'd certainly love to have a Christmasy feel about it :)

I'm kinda coming out of left field by suddenly saying this, but why not bring back the noteblock competition?  I may not exactly be on regularly anymore, but that's something that I'd DEFINATELY return for!  :)

I really like this idea, I would have ago, but I mean have you ever seen me trying to use redstone it's like giving a cat a wash it just doesn't work :P

Anywho I'd love to see it as I never really have

I have opened up the portal to the Christmas northpole world again. :D

You can find the portal in the underground caves near the Christmas village, use /warp xmas2013 - go down the path and at the YAMS Christmas tree turn right --->

Enjoy, please make sure when building things in this world you keep close together so everything isn't really separated! :)

I would be up for a noteblock competition or just event to make songs with noteblocks! I remember seeing them on YAMS last year and actually made my own on my SP world and had lots of fun with it!  Will be on YAMS right after final exams (which end 12/20). :D

See you guys then!