Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

Minecraft server list icon for YAMS [OFFICIAL]

Minecraft servers can now have server icons that display in the multiplayer server list, I think YAMS needs one. :)

In good old blue peter fashion (UK TV Show), here's one I made earlier:

omyy.png

But I challenge you all to see if you can make a better one! :)

The icon:

• The image icon must be a .png
  • The image icon must be 64 Height x 64 Width in pixels.
  • Background transparency is allowed, its recommended over white background space.
  • Should ideally reflect YAMS in general, even more so Minecraft.
  • Doesn't have to say YAMS, but would be nice.
  • Nothing offensive, keep icons clean, we are a family friendly minecraft server.

Entering:

• Anyone can enter including staff so long as they are not banned from YAMS.
  • You may use this topic to upload/post and discuss feedback on your designs.
  • You may enter more than one icon into the competition.
  • Icons may be uploaded here, hosted elsewhere or emailed to icon@yetanotherminecraftserver.com
  • When uploading/sending your icons please ensure that your icon is of high standard and that it uses the format of PNG and is 64x64, if possible please also provide us with you original save files of the graphics program you used before you exported it to png (e.g. PSD etc…). This is in case we wish to make changes at special occasions such as Halloween/Christmas etc.
  • Do not steal other peoples icons/images etc out there and try and pass them off as yours.
  • In submitting an icon design, you agree you are signing over the copyright of your icon design to YAMS, that is, any icon design submitted to the competition becomes the property of YAMS. YAMS will have the exclusive right to use/modify and reproduce any design submitted to the competition as it sees fit.

Selection process

• Winners will be decided exclusively by Darren Straight in 2 weeks time.

Prizes

• 1st place you will be given the grand prize of having your server icon used for YAMS. You will also get to know the location of a hidden adventure of YAMS, should you know this location already but not completed it, you be given some help. You will also get to see the inner working od the adventure once you have completed it. As an extra bonus providing you complete the adventure you will also get an exclusive behind the scene preview of another adventure of YAMS!
  • 2nd place you get to know the location of a hidden adventure of YAMS, should you know this location already but not completed it, you be given some help. You will also get to see the inner working of the adventure once you have completed it.
  • 3rd place you get to know the location of a hidden adventure of YAMS, should you know this location already but not completed it, you be given some help.
  • Everyone that enters properly with effort will also receive 1 in game present!

Extra Info

A small sample of free tools to help you get started if you don't already have something:

Good luck everyone! B)

I've made a slight alteration to my first entry, just moved the background a little and added some lens flare :)

Think of this one as my second entry...

yx56.png

Also, the PSD file wouldn't save for some reason :/

Edited by Captain_Marbles

I tried to make one today but failed terribly. Will give it another go tonight

Every attempt is worth a prize! Submit anyway! :D

You dont even have to use computer software, people could draw it small on paper and scan/take photo and ask here for some kind person to make sure it's 64x64 pixels for them, it's very much a community competition! :)

Every attempt is worth a prize! Submit anyway! :D

You dont even have to use computer software, people could draw it small on paper and scan/take photo and ask here for some kind person to make sure it's 64x64 pixels for them, it's very much a community competition! :)

/me runs off to grab a pencil ;)

Well, here's what will probably be my last logo entry :)

rzl2.png

EDIT: Fixed the transparent background

EDIT 2: Thought I'd sneak in one more...

k869.png

EDIT 3: I like this one a lot

m2ef.png

EDIT 4: Oooh, 800th post! :D

Edited by Captain_Marbles

Technically some entries were after the closing time but as I'm a nice admin ;) I'll let them through. No more entries now which is a shame as I was hoping to see some other people participate that I know can draw. Ohh well. :P

I haven't been well for past few days and I'm still not now but as soon as I am I shall review all servee icons.

Thanks to those who took part :)

Technically some entries were after the closing time but as I'm a nice admin ;) I'll let them through. No more entries now which is a shame as I was hoping to see some other people participate that I know can draw. Ohh well. :P

I haven't been well for past few days and I'm still not now but as soon as I am I shall review all servee icons.

Thanks to those who took part :)

Waaaaaah, oh man >.< I was gonna do a pixel yam XD

Sign in to follow this