Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

Minecraft server list icon for YAMS [OFFICIAL]

Every attempt is worth a prize! Submit anyway! :D

You dont even have to use computer software, people could draw it small on paper and scan/take photo and ask here for some kind person to make sure it's 64x64 pixels for them, it's very much a community competition! :)

i can draw but not on a computer. :(

Could have done what darren was saying :P

I have not forgotten about this, started to look yesterday but didn't come to a decision, they look different once you apply them and also you can change GUI size under video options which messes pixels up. I have been ill and im pretty busy all this week including weekend so sorry for delay.

This was a hard decision, but I've finally decided upon the winners:

1st Place - ryanfenton - While not very vibrant in colours, which is something I had hoped to see, it did feature the word YAMS and also the 4 main town materials that every town could identify themselves with. I thought the town materials was a nice touch brining the towns close together. I also liked the fact that it had rounded edges, though these could have been blended a bit better as it looks a little rough if you maximse the GUI in the launcher options.

post-440-0-26141200-1386282877.png

2nd Place - Captain_Marbles - Not as colourful as Nicks others screenshot images but it contained a recognisable image of spawn tower, the others could be anywhere if at all in YAMS. The biggest problem I found was that he broke the rules, he created a gravel tower to get up high to take this image... haha ok you're not in trouble. Anyway would have been nice to see some rounded edges.

k869.png

3rd Place - changingtuna88 - The better of tunas two images, I choose this one other the other because while the spawn tower is screwed it's still more recognisable over the other one that contained some lava which could be anywhere in YAMS, if at all. You tried your best and that's what counts.

post-1284-0-89997500-1386113784.png

In the new year I may do another server icon contest, a few things you can learn:

• Test your images on the dirt background of the Minecraft server list if possible, or ask someone to test for you, check contrast is right.
  • Transparency is good, but don't forget to test your transparency and check it blends ok.
  • If you are screenshoting images make them recognisable so it has a YAMS feel to it and looks like you went to some work to get that image.
  • If you use the words YAMS, try seeing if you can move things around a bit, have the word YAMS diagonal or one letter in each corner, or a little sway like you can get in Word Art etc.
  • Bright colours help us stand out, but don't just jumble loads of colours up, match your colours right!
  • Don't be afraid to use pens, pencils, paints, paper etc... and then scan it in and ask someone to sort of the size for you. Even if it doesn't look very good you at least tried and still get a prize! :D

To the winners of this one come and see me to go through your prizes! It will be fun! :D

Sign in to follow this